What's new
I use this to play MiSTer on the New Astro City.
Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Those look very nice I would pick one up if available.

Oh, I see how Antonio is doing to work around the 2player issue with one usb device.
He is using these boards XM-10 and this is the patch to use on the mister linux kernel.

I wonder what would be the lag using the MisTer with a properly implement fix for the JVS-PAC2 on a JVS cab. There seems to be a lot of talk about controller lag on the mister depending on what you are using.

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:
Those look very nice I would pick one up if available.

Oh, I see how Antonio is doing to work around the 2player issue with one usb device.
He is using these boards XM-10 and this is the patch to use on the mister linux kernel.

I wonder what would be the lag using the MisTer with a properly implement fix for the JVS-PAC2 on a JVS cab. There seems to be a lot of talk about controller lag on the mister depending on what you are using.
You need to look into that..the last time I checked, that jamma device only works with his MiSTer or cores or some shenanigans like that..someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:Those look very nice I would pick one up if available.

You need to look into that..the last time I checked, that jamma device only works with his MiSTer or cores or some shenanigans like that..someone correct me if I am wrong.
Ill be looking and checking, just trying to piece stuff together, my MisTer kits should be arriving soon. In the meantime finishing up some other projects while I wait for more parts, etc...

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:Those look very nice I would pick one up if available.

It works with any MiSTer now. It has been changed.

Tried the J-PAC hack, and mister crashed(!?!). Tried to build the actual Mister menu/input system, but it's not really documented how to do it, and the provided docker image doesn't work (for me).

Back in the box..

Tried the J-PAC hack, and mister crashed(!?!). Tried to build the actual Mister menu/input system, but it's not really documented how to do it, and the provided docker image doesn't work (for me).

Back in the box..
Thanks for trying!

I am not sure what you mean by trying "to build the actual Mister menu/input system".

Check out these videos for using a JPAC:

Current configuration with two players but brief overview:

More indepth but older setup:

Does anyone here have an original DoDonPachi PCB and the means to make a digital 10 minute recording of the boot and attract mode?

I have the PCB, but not the means to easily record it digitally. This will be used by nullobject (developer of the Cave core) to test accuracy thus far. MAME recordings are not useful.

Please let me know, or I'm going to just record it right off the cabs screen with my phone and send it over to him.

I am not sure what you mean by trying "to build the actual Mister menu/input system".
https://github.com/misterkun-io/Toolchain_MiSTer :)

If you use the J-PAC, can you do a little test? Enter the SF2CE test menu for inputs, and press button 1, 2, 3 etc while keeping them pressed so in the end you should end up with all 12 buttons pressed. Unlike in MAME, I got 'ghosting' and other oddities with Mister.

Last edited:
https://github.com/misterkun-io/Toolchain_MiSTer :)
If you use the J-PAC, can you do a little test? Enter the SF2CE test meny for inputs, and press button 1, 2, 3 etc while keeping them pressed so in the end you should end up with all 12 buttons pressed. Unlike in MAME, I got 'ghosting' and other oddities with Mister.
@gusmoney Can you test this out? I just got a mister setup in, need to put it together and figure out what I will do for controls. Ideally this want meant for the vewlix and I wanted to use a JVSPAC2 so I would just hook it to the jvs IO and not have to deal with other stuff.

Jotego is asking for a broken arcade PCB of any of these games:

- Contra/Gryzor
- Combat School/Bootcamp
- Haunted Castle
- MX5000/Flak Attack
- Fast Lane
- Labyrinth Runner

Please contact me. We are looking for a K007121 chip for opening and reverse engineering.

https://github.com/misterkun-io/Toolchain_MiSTer :) If you use the J-PAC, can you do a little test? Enter the SF2CE test meny for inputs, and press button 1, 2, 3 etc while keeping them pressed so in the end you should end up with all 12 buttons pressed. Unlike in MAME, I got 'ghosting' and other oddities with Mister.
@gusmoney Can you test this out? I just got a mister setup in, need to put it together and figure out what I will do for controls. Ideally this want meant for the vewlix and I wanted to use a JVSPAC2 so I would just hook it to the jvs IO and not have to deal with other stuff.
As mentioned, I don't use a jpac, @Derick2k. Did you want me to do the test on my setup?

https://github.com/misterkun-io/Toolchain_MiSTer :) If you use the J-PAC, can you do a little test? Enter the SF2CE test meny for inputs, and press button 1, 2, 3 etc while keeping them pressed so in the end you should end up with all 12 buttons pressed. Unlike in MAME, I got 'ghosting' and other oddities with Mister.
As mentioned, I don't use a jpac, @Derick2k. Did you want me to do the test on my setup?
Crap forgot you use Antonio's jamma adapter. Looked over his site and he says he was able to get it working thanks to Alan Steremberg making a patch. Need to dig a little deeper, maybe Alan can help shed some light on these control issues, and maybe help out with getting the JVSPAC2 working with the Mister :)

2020-07-12_13-49-32.jpg

Hey guys - I did get my monitor issue resolved, but colors on MiSTer output via the IO board to the J-Pac are wrong on some scenes with a lot of green and the display is overall a lot more blurry than just using direct video with an hdmi adapter into the J-Pac. Several folks report the green issue, and there's some debate on whether or not this is a SoG problem of some kind.

If I wanted to try removing the J-Pac from the equation, what other options are folks using to get video from MiSTer into Jamma, and controls from Jamma back to MiSTer?

I've seen that Antonio makes a Mister + Jamma product, but I've never seen him ever have stock on that device.

Anyone else seeing what I'm talking about?

Back