What's new
Is anyone making non brick console style cases for the mister yet?
AFAIK have not seen any. But check this thread, has pics of what some have done regarding cases.https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=96
Cheers, some nice setups there. Not surprised there aren't any console style cases yet, it took so long for decent rpi cases to turn up.
I got this BliSTer one coming to me in the next few days.
From zerohimself: https://www.etsy.com/shop/zerohimself
SNES_MisterCase20200728_145124.jpg

I get the impression that Blisster has fallen out of favor since the 1ms USB polling was implemented.
Yes, from what I’ve seen lately, it looks like the main use of Blisster is to be able to use original controllers, and not to minimize input lag...
I'm using Raphnet USB adapters to attach my original controllers. They work well with the MiSTer's fast USB polling.
Damn, I would have rathered gone this route because then I could use the adapters on a PC as well. I'm also familiar with Raphnet's adapters, they're fantastic.
Having to be tied to the Blissbox hardware isn't ideal, and I really don't like that they're using HDMI as their connectors.

Not gonna lie, even my 8BitDo SF30Pro Bluetooth controllers "FEEL" fast on this thing over my retropie through HDMI.
On the arcade cabinet via an old PS2-JAMMA JPAC its indestinguishable.

Has anyone used @invzim JVS JPAC2 at all with MiSTer?
That feedback will determine if I build a control PCB one out of two spare Brook Retro boards, w/ a kick harness breakout. and a JAMMA fingerboard that I already have in stock. Prefarably I'd like to go JVS so I can use it on my Vewlix, which I also have an Arithmus Vewlix to Brook Universal setup in that as well.

Not gonna lie, even my 8BitDo SF30Pro Bluetooth controllers "FEEL" fast on this thing over my retropie through HDMI.

That feedback will determine if I build a control PCB one out of two spare Brook Retro boards, w/ a kick harness breakout. and a JAMMA fingerboard that I already have in stock. Prefarably I'd like to go JVS so I can use it on my Vewlix, which I also have an Arithmus Vewlix to Brook Universal setup in that as well.
I’ve had no luck with Mister on my NUC through the JVS PAC2. I understand it’s more to do with Mister and it’s input methods than the JVS PAC2 itself. If anyone can solve this, I’m all ears.

I’ve had no luck with Mister on my NUC through the JVS PAC2. I understand it’s more to do with Mister and it’s input methods than the JVS PAC2 itself. If anyone can solve this, I’m all ears.
I'm finding the MiSTer is very finicky with specific hardware. In time, I'm sure we'll see some compatibility updates.
I was tearing my hair out about controlling specific games, and pressing all sorts of button combinations that don't make sense trying to get mine to work.
It sounds like my idea of the Brook boards might just be the best option for maximum compatibility and potential expandability reading all the comments here.

So i've been getting annoyed at my OSSC setup in the past so much that i basically abandoned it. Mainly neo geo gave me issues with screen stuttering, which if i understand google probably has to do with the slightly nonstandard syncrate of 59something hz. I was wondering, if i would switch to mister with megadrive or neogeo core, can you select sync rate? Like for example if i play neogeo on a crt i might choose "original" sync and with hdmi connected choose "hdmi timings" or whatever? Basically when using hdmi i would like a smooth stutter-free connection and would care less if its running <1hz too fast

So i've been getting annoyed at my OSSC setup in the past so much that i basically abandoned it. Mainly neo geo gave me issues with screen stuttering, which if i understand google probably has to do with the slightly nonstandard syncrate of 59something hz. I was wondering, if i would switch to mister with megadrive or neogeo core, can you select sync rate? Like for example if i play neogeo on a crt i might choose "original" sync and with hdmi connected choose "hdmi timings" or whatever? Basically when using hdmi i would like a smooth stutter-free connection and would care less if its running <1hz too fast
It might be your TV's ability to handle the rate. I have no issues with OSSC-> MV-1FS in my setup.

If you have the MV1A it's not the actual frame-rate that is causing issues, but something else

You can adjust the Mister vsync to a buffered 60hz mode for the highest compatibility with HDMI displays. It’s the default setting on the Mister.ini configuration file:

“vsync_adjust=0 Default. Buffered 60hz HDMI video output, compatible with most HDMI devices.“

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki/Configuration-Files

regarding OSSC i'll dig up my setup one of these days and get back to it in the appropriate topic.
Regarding mister, thanks for the clarification on the output hz!

I want that case!!
search for zerohimself on thingverse and you can print your own! i am having a bunch printed at the moment. the blue bits look cool on that one, but i am going ALL white :)

zerohimself on etsy is where you can get a good price on the most common parts you will want eg USB HUB 2.1, Analogue IO board 6.1, SDRAM128 MB. The DE10 from your fav electrics shops (digikey, mouser etc) and your in business. zerohimself sends all the parts with the IO kit and USB HUB to get it all connected together. This is where I started my mister-ing.

regular USPS shipping to Australia was surprisingly fast, even during the shit-fight that is 2020.

@Raph_friend sell the mister cases ? I had not thought of selling the case, you can buy them from zerohimself's Etsy page. I could sell some and donate to him I guess, if he accepts donations. Shipping would be expensive from Aus to overseas though :(

Wow the Dondon core looks amazing , I'll try it out soon

Yeah, no sound yet, but man, this is what we were talking about 3+ years ago here, Cave multi..!!!!

Back