What's new
Mono sound is just fine with a MiSTer JAMMA adapter, if there are any games that support stereo, they would have to somehow interface with the adapter, and I assume that could cause headaches.

Seeing as everyone's coming out with MiSTer JAMMA adapters all of a sudden, I'm going to wait it out until they're all released and someone in the community that's NOT an "influencer" gives 'em tech reviews or head-to-head pro/con reviews on here.

Seeing as everyone's coming out with MiSTer JAMMA adapters all of a sudden, I'm going to wait it out until they're all released and someone in the community that's NOT an "influencer" gives 'em tech reviews or head-to-head pro/con reviews on here.
I ordered the antoniovillena adapter and should have it in a few weeks. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get to try it out.

Mono sound is just fine with a MiSTer JAMMA adapter, if there are any games that support stereo, they would have to somehow interface with the adapter, and I assume that could cause headaches.
I ordered the antoniovillena adapter and should have it in a few weeks. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get to try it out.
Obviously, NG games support stereo as does the forthcoming CPS2 library.

@hardyhell has created a nice and simple stereo mod for Antonio's JAMMA adapter to unleash its full potential! HH, you should do a write-up of your work.

I actually qualify for the academic discount for an abnormal reason. Getting it for $100 + $12 shipped. Didn't plan on jumping into this project anytime soon but with a $50 discount I could always shelf it until I am ready, not like the DE-10 Nano board is gonna be obsolete anytime soon.

What do I need to get Neo Geo running again? 128 ram? I read about it some time ago so maybe the information is outdated. I coulda sworn you could make some.

Would love for the Jamma Hat to be available. Don't care for it to be seperated from the unit.

I actually qualify for the academic discount for an abnormal reason. Getting it for $100 + $12 shipped. Didn't plan on jumping into this project anytime soon but with a $50 discount I could always shelf it until I am ready, not like the DE-10 Nano board is gonna be obsolete anytime soon.

What do I need to get Neo Geo running again? 128 ram? I read about it some time ago so maybe the information is outdated. I coulda sworn you could make some.

Would love for the Jamma Hat to be available. Don't care for it to be seperated from the unit.
I think only a very few NG games need 128 mb of RAM. MotW is one. 32 mb will suffice for the bulk of the series...er library.

Anyone coming out with any good JAMMA adapters?

Haha, I joke. My adapter will not have stereo audio as that’s not the JAMMA spec. It does have an i2s DAC that outputs to mini Toslink, 3.5mm and RCA alone level as well as amplified mono.

Additionally, my JAMMA has an integrated USB hub and control digitizer with 0.7 ms of latency. No IO board, or USB hub needed, only SDRAM.

I’m getting just under 3Vpp for RGB and exactly 3.0Vpp for csync on my Scope.

Working on audio as core audio levels vary wildly. Trying to find the max level to the input of the amp that doesn’t clip is tricky when you have 50+ cores.

Last edited:
Anyone coming out with any good JAMMA adapters?

Haha, I joke. My adapter will not have stereo audio as that’s not the JAMMA spec. It does have an i2s DAC that outputs to mini Toslink, 3.5mm and RCA alone level as well as amplified mono.

Additionally, my JAMMA has an integrated USB hub and control digitizer with 0.7 ms of latency. No IO board, or USB hub needed, only SDRAM.

I’m getting just under 3Vpp for RGB and exactly 3.0Vpp for csync on my Scope.

Working on audio as core audio levels vary wildly. Trying to find the max level to the input of the amp that doesn’t clip is tricky when you have 50+ cores.
LOL, welcome brother! Love the products (as you know!), can't wait for the case!

Got this today. I’ll post my thoughts once I get to try it out tonight.

52CCAB53-D99D-46BF-B862-17A28A51AF40.jpeg

Alright, I'm close to feature freeze on my adapter and should have the new revision in my hands in 1-2 weeks.

Here is everything I can think of about my JAMMA solution:

PCB:4 layer ENIG finished with gold fingers and chamfered edges
Solid ground plane layer for reduced EMI and increased signal integrity
Controls:0.73 ms latency STM32-ARM USB encoder
Integrated HDMI SNAC for light gun
CPS I kick header
CPS II kick header
Coin counter integration
(Accessory) 2P USB add-on boards w/ screw terminals and Konami headers for 4P/6P (needs testing)
USB:Integrated 4 port USB hub with VBUS control
Video:TTL RGB (2.8V)
TTL CSYNC (3.0V)
Dual analog video out (JAMMA + HD15) (needs testing)
Audio:Dedicated stereo DAC
Line level 3.5mm in/out and RCA out
Mini TOSLINK out
30 Hz - 25 kHz 12W mono amplifier w/ volume potentiometer
3.5mm audio extension / volume board / amplifier cut-off (in development)
USB power port for BT tansmitter
DIP Switches:Enable B4/5/6 at JAMMA edge for custom JAMMA harnesses without need for kick header
Merge P1/P2 coin for candy cabinets
Merge P1/P2 coin counter for 2P cabinets
Disable STM32 control encoder
Disable audio amplifier (for external amplifier or headphone mode)
Disable audio DAC (for DIY DAC)
Expansion:Power / audio / video / controls via 40 pin header
Planned Expansions:JVS power & control PCB (audio and video already available on main board)
Nintendo VS arcade edge PCB
2P cabinet link (audio / video / controls over 1 cable)
Pro board w/ voltage monitoring, arcade operator buttons (reset game and system)

Have other suggestions? Let me know!

Can we use this as standalone IO when the MiSTer is not in the CAB? HD15 looks like it can be done. Also really nice to finally have a DAC on the IO board. Much needed.

Edit: Also looks like it has a USB hub, so this can actually be a standalone MiSTer if you are ok with 4 port isnt it?

Can we use this as standalone IO when the MiSTer is not in the CAB? HD15 looks like it can be done. Also really nice to finally have a DAC on the IO board. Much needed.

Edit: Also looks like it has a USB hub, so this can actually be a standalone MiSTer if you are ok with 4 port isnt it?
Yeah it could be used standalone if you don’t mind the look. My goal was to do everything short of SDRAM on one PCB. SDRAM adds unnecessary complexity and I have plenty of inventory there.

I should add that the JAMMA will come with a USB bridge.

Tentative name: MiSTer2Arcade

Just give me an easy way to hook my mister to a arcade cabinet are were good. A case to accomodate the jamma edge be cool.

Just give me an easy way to hook my mister to a arcade cabinet are were good. A case to accomodate the jamma edge be cool.
not exactly sure about cases, but some kind of base plate would be nice. I’m planning on using standoffs near the JAMMA edge for support and those would attach to some kind of bottom plate. Everything adds cost but presentation matters.

Alright, I'm close to feature freeze on my adapter and should have the new revision in my hands in 1-2 weeks.

Here is everything I can think of about my JAMMA solution:
OMG I need one of those!!!!

Can I order/preorder it already?

Back