What's new
You’re the man @hyp36rmax!!! — please (everyone) don’t take my opinions and rants personally, at all!

ha! It's alll good bro. Believe me, I completely understand where you're coming from with Porkchops MisterCade haha I felt the passion in words hahahaha. I can't fault anyones sentiment around what you all like. We all know we like what we like and it's totally fine. Same page with you all the way. At the end of the day we're all fans of the Arcade <3 Nothing but love and respect. Banter away! :thumbsup:

the GBA link is so cool.... seeing side by side like that - is there a way to play 2 different games side by side (non-linked) ? that would be a nice feature for kids who can't share, heh

Can someone explain daemonbite adapters?

Where are how are they used?

Can someone explain the unofficial db9 cores?

Where and how are the db9 adapters used?

I thought these were somehow related to SNAC but they are not (to my current understanding).

Thanks.

No idea about the db9 cores, but Daemonbite adapters are what I use with the official ones. They are USB devices and not related to SNAC at all.

You can make your own using the freely available code and assembly instructions here: https://github.com/MickGyver/DaemonBite-Retro-Controllers-USB/. You'll need one Arduino Pro Micro for each one you make, though they support up to two controllers per adapter.

If you choose to make it your own you'll need to know how to program an Arduino and how to solder the necessary connections to it as well.

You can buy them from the creator's shop as well https://www.daemonbite.com/shop/, though they've been sold out there for a while =/ I think there might be other places to purchase them from, but not sure.

I've made a Saturn and PC Engine adapter, and both have worked great. Only used official controllers, dunno how third party ones work with them.

My understanding is that daemonbyte adapters are just very well optimized USB adapters for console controllers that are not specific to MiSTer, but happen to be perfect for the platform. They're essentially just Arduino Pro Micros with an interface for a given controller type. You can make them using an Arduino pro micro and extension cables for whatever console controller you want to use (That said, you will need some basic soldering skills, I made the mistake of trying to make some daemonbyte adapters as my first soldering project, and just ended up ruining several Arduinos and making a mess!)

Thanks a lot for the explanations on daemonbite.

It's possible I could create one as I am ok at soldering (getting better all the time) but I don't have the need right now; perhaps in the future though.

ha! It's alll good bro. Believe me, I completely understand where you're coming from with Porkchops MisterCade haha I felt the passion in words hahahaha. I can't fault anyones sentiment around what you all like. We all know we like what we like and it's totally fine. Same page with you all the way. At the end of the day we're all fans of the Arcade <3 Nothing but love and respect. Banter away! :thumbsup:
You're a real class act Hyp3, and if you're making a Mister Jamma adapter I'll be on the lookout and interested. :thumbup: Got that collector's feeling comin' on... haha

Love all your videos, thanks for continuing to test out the cores! 2p GBA looks like an awesome feature

Edit: I do have to say though, your backwards intro music always freaks me out and makes my skin crawl :P
lolol...MiSTer MiSTer....or RETSIM RETSIM

Tested the latest build of nullobjects Cave core. Pretty nice to see Guwange up on the screen even though it’s running painfully slow at the moment.

All the other Cave games seem to be running silky smooth now.

I believe once this batch is out he’ll be doing Air Gallet, Sailor Moon and Hotdog Storm. Another three heavy hitters that will save hunting down ridiculously priced PCBs.

Tested the latest build of nullobjects Cave core. Pretty nice to see Guwange up on the screen even though it’s running painfully slow at the moment.

All the other Cave games seem to be running silky smooth now.

I believe once this batch is out he’ll be doing Air Gallet, Sailor Moon and Hotdog Storm. Another three heavy hitters that will save hunting down ridiculously priced PCBs.
What are all the other cave games outside Dodonpachi? Is the dangun feveron out of beta? And is there something else?

Release candidate in the house!

1C72ADBC-5F52-487F-81A8-23EC9368F27D.jpeg

I’ll be streaming from this tonight if anyone wants to check out how it’s running on a New Astro City. Just a bunch of cores and some chill vibes while enjoying good brews. 10pm PST
View: https://www.twitch.tv/gillaxian

Back