What's new
Hi Folks - having a weird issue with my mistercade.

Running Donkey Kong

Everything works great - but 2 player start isn't recognized.... even if I go to the menu and remap the keys.

Is there a dip switch or config something that would invalidate/ignore P2 start?

Sorry for the dumb question, but why are my games not auto downloading? I enabled MAME and HBMAME in the update_all settings. Every game says file not found. I've started from scratch twice and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

EDIT: There are some games in the mame and hbmame folders. I used to be able to play CPS2 and Cave games, but now all of them say file not found. JTCORES are enabled. Coin-Op Collection is enabled. I wanted to start fresh with my new TATE cab, but now I wish I just left the MiSTercade alone and continued turning my head.

According to the log, a ton of games are not being downloaded with a "bad http status" 403. I'm at a loss. Where can I just download this shit manually?

Last edited:

Running Donkey Kong

Everything works great - but 2 player start isn't recognized.... even if I go to the menu and remap the keys.

Is there a dip switch or config something that would invalidate/ignore P2 start?
I'm not entirely sure. Can you try mapping P2 Start to a random button on your control panel? DK was a single joystick game with 2 start buttons for alternating play, right?
Sorry for the dumb question, but why are my games not auto downloading? I enabled MAME and HBMAME in the update_all settings. Every game says file not found. I've started from scratch twice and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

EDIT: There are some games in the mame and hbmame folders. I used to be able to play CPS2 and Cave games, but now all of them say file not found. JTCORES are enabled. Coin-Op Collection is enabled. I wanted to start fresh with my new TATE cab, but now I wish I just left the MiSTercade alone and continued turning my head.

According to the log, a ton of games are not being downloaded with a "bad http status" 403. I'm at a loss. Where can I just download this shit manually?
I think there was a blip with the updater script last night. Try again?

Running Donkey Kong

Well - I just did a brand new install of mister and mistercade, from scratch - same issue. All I can assume is that the core just doesn't recognize P2 start, and maybe the entire two player thing at all.

Back