What's new
Have you tried isolating the MiSTercade from the cabinet? Making sure that no parts of the MiSTercade are touching any metal … Tekken cab is made of wood so might be a false sense of security if it works in the Tekken cab actually.

I would isolate the MiSTercade from your cab first and see if that fixes it.

Also, would definitely find a way to tie earth to your cab if it’s all metal. Don’t own a candy but if I did this seems like it would make sense for a safety standpoint.

Wait hold up … how do you have 170V AC? Are you in the US? That’s some voltage 😵‍💫🫣 could this be coming off of your CRT monitor somehow?

I'm from EU so sockets are 220v but this goes through 100v stepdown so yeah, this sounds like CRT chassis leak or something... I will try those steps that you provided later and lets see how it goes.

It made no difference even when I took the MiSTercade out of the cabinet. I still get that 170V AC from cabinets screws. It seems that cabinet it self uses 3 prong cable, so it should be grounded from the step-down transformer.

IMG_6280.jpeg

All the cables that come from the CRT part seem to be in good shape and nothing visually "wrong" pops out.
IMG_6281.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

Of course I could just disconnect this cable which "grounds" the control panel metal plate (and the screws), but I doubt that it's the correct way to fix this....
IMG_6283.jpeg

And I just tested with my Tekken cabinet (found ground inside it from the metal plate where counters etc are) and there is no voltages between the MiSTercade remote and that ground. Continuity gives *peep* that both are ground. So this problem has probably nothing to do with MiSTercade, it was just first to show any symptoms...

Check for continuity between the control panel and the ground pin on the cabinet power cord.

Also check that there's no continuity between the monitor frame and the control panel.

Just confirmed with multimeter that I get 168V AC between my JAMMA ground from the JAMMA edge and Blast City cabinet floor ground, so I will move this problem to another thread.

Whew, you had me worried. Be careful since you're working with AC voltage. I'd check the ground between your wall outlet and your AC stepdown converter first. Then from AC stepdown to your cabinet's ground. Then from cabinet ground to JAMMA harness ground. Should be 0VAC.

So should this give 0 VAC instead of 230V? Red probe is on ground.

IMG_6290.jpeg

This is an old house (1952) and it still has couple of rooms without grounded wall outlets so there can be any kind of "wiring" done.

Even my stepdown gives me 130V when connecting ground and other of the flat sockets.
IMG_6289.jpeg

Or am I measuring it wrong?

I was thinking you should measure the AC voltage difference between your power strip ground and AC step down transformer ground. Then between your step down and cabinet chassis. They should all be 0V AC.

You're measuring between ground and hot which looks ok.

I was thinking you should measure the AC voltage difference between your power strip ground and AC step down transformer ground. Then between your step down and cabinet chassis. They should all be 0V AC.

You're measuring between ground and hot which looks ok.

Ahh ok, yea those give 0V AC when I measured them.

I think the issue is this

The issue here is that the Mistercade remote is effectively using DC ground as shield ground, and it's shorting to your cabinet's earth ground. Sega cabinets don't tie earth to DC ground, or when they do it's through a capacitor.

MiSTercade mappings are now downloadable using the updater script. It has 100% of arcade cores mapped. This has taken many hours and is one of my favorite things about MiSTercade. I wish MiSTer had more sane mappings for arcade games, similar to what MAME has, but this is the next best option.

I haven't tested whether these overwrite existing mappings so back up your config/input/ folder before running.

Add this to your downloader.ini file then run downloader.sh or update_all.sh:

More info here: https://github.com/misteraddons/mistercade_mappings

Thanks for adding the mappings, @misteraddons ! It's really awesome to be able to hop from game-to-game with the mistercade and have sane mappings by default.

Last edited:
Back