What's new

aha2940

Professional
Reaction score
As you probably know, the Atomiswave motherboard includes an ML2020 3V rechargeable battery inside to keep the date, time, settings, scores, etc. I was interested in replacing that battery with a non-rechargeable one, like a CR2032, however I could not find information about how to disable the charging circuit of the board to avoid damaging the CR2032 battery (since it is not rechargeable, unlike the original ML2020). I found this is the charging circuit:

1684937479308.jpeg

I did some quick tests and found that all that is required to disable that circuit is to remove diode D8 from the board as shown in the next picture:

1684937894094.jpeg

Once that diode is removed, a battery holder can be put in place of the original battery (positive side to the left) and then a CR2032 battery put in it and the board will work fine, keeping the clock, settings, etc. No idea how long it will last, but we'll see I guess.

Last edited:
Dumb question, why don't just replace with ML2020 like the original one ?

Dumb question, why don't just replace with ML2020 like the original one ?
Because I do not use the atomiswave very frequently, since I only have a single game for it, and if left for a long time, the ML2020 seem to lose charge and the settings get erased, that does not happen with the CR2032 in my experience.

Last edited:
Back