What's new

kinooshi823

Professional
Reaction score
I have hooked this board up to a few lcd monitors and I get a dim picture. Adjusting the brightness etc, does not make things better. Other boards look fine but it seems this and Mortal Kombat 2 are having this issue. Anything I can do to fix this? I don't want to spend more money on things that won't help this solution.

I have hooked this board up to a few lcd monitors and I get a dim picture. Adjusting the brightness etc, does not make things better. Other boards look fine but it seems this and Mortal Kombat 2 are having this issue. Anything I can do to fix this? I don't want to spend more money on things that won't help this solution.
How are you connecting the boards to the LCD monitors? IIRC the MK and MK2 boards use a non-standard sync signal, which causes issues on displays that are not designed for arcade games.

How are you connecting the boards to the LCD monitors? IIRC the MK and MK2 boards use a non-standard sync signal, which causes issues on displays that are not designed for arcade games.
I am using a GBS-2200 that goes from the jamma to output to vga. Then from there, the VGA is connected to the LCD board of my arcade1up monitor. I've researched so much into that issue and found no solution. Obviously, this issue might go away with adding a real monitor there but that isn't my goal and it wouldn't fit correctly without the back sticking out.

I am using a GBS-2200 that goes from the jamma to output to vga. Then from there, the VGA is connected to the LCD board of my arcade1up monitor. I've researched so much into that issue and found no solution. Obviously, this issue might go away with adding a real monitor there but that isn't my goal and it wouldn't fit correctly without the back sticking out.
I see. I used to use a Gonbes 8200 many years ago to connect an MK2 board (now I use a PVM) and it worked decently, but I remember having to fiddle with the settings to make it work. I can't remember how I managed the RGB output of the board, because IIRC the Gonbes only receives VGA is input (basically RGB with separate H-sync and V-sync). How are you managing that?

I see. I used to use a Gonbes 8200 many years ago to connect an MK2 board (now I use a PVM) and it worked decently, but I remember having to fiddle with the settings to make it work. I can't remember how I managed the RGB output of the board, because IIRC the Gonbes only receives VGA is input (basically RGB with separate H-sync and V-sync). How are you managing that?
I mistyped, I meant I am using an 8200. But yeah, even with the yellow wire installed or removed, I get the same issue. I still haven't gone and bought a jamma harness from Twisted Quarter to see if that would change it as it has thicker gauge wiring than the other harnesses. It could be that the current gauge wiring could be meddling with the output but I am unsure. I just don't feel like taking a $40+ chance. At first, getting through that freezing issue because the game runs at 53hz was a pain. But then came the darkness issue. On my super gun, it runs fine and the brightness is there. I just didn't want to install my cbox into the cab. I wanted an authentic style build so I went with the jamma harness etc. Other than that, the game works minus that one flaw. I kinda want to solve this for sure, but I spend so much money and trial and error so it has me hesitant.

Back