What's new

tDRG

Grand Master
Reaction score
There are tons of great restoration threads out there, but I wanted to share a quick and complete parts list of everything I used (and some other things that were suggested elsewhere) to upgrade my cabinet. I didn't use any existing wiring or equipment in the cab, I just connect the monitor and controls directly to my PC or console and power it all with an internal power strip. General resources include @Cereth or @GeekMan1222 to buy Vewlix cabinets or one of the sellers on Facebook like Chino Chan for Chewlixes. Taito Vewlix/Chewlix Owners Group and Vewlix / Chewlix Fans are good groups, the first has a bunch of useful files, like marquee and sub-panel templates for laser cutting.

Parts list:

Audio (Monitor 3.5mm aux out into cheap amplifier)
Video
Controls
Artwork
Accessories

The one thing I haven't nailed down yet is move strip artwork that goes above and below the monitor (between the speakers). I've seen a seller on Facebook that sells art printed on large magnets, which seem cool. Anyone print their own or have these printed before?

Happy to answer questions! If anyone has alternate suggestions or other parts they like, feel free to post them here.

Last edited:
JFC what a resource! Thoughts on making this publicly available somewhere? I'd love to copy the list to post somewhere for anyone asking!

JFC what a resource! Thoughts on making this publicly available somewhere? I'd love to copy the list to post somewhere for anyone asking!
Please do! Feel free to copy and paste any of this and post it wherever you like, no need to attribute credit.

One thing I didn't touch on was using stock JVS connections with an adapter. I've heard of JVSPAC2, but don't know too much about it.

I've been asked about the magnetic art; here it is.

Last edited:
Excellent list man!

Gotta love that Chewie mounting bracket solution.

Of all of these items, the magnetic cup holders blew my mind the most. Now I won't have to risk beer spillage!

Back