What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
Hello there!
There is still some elements that I don't understand regarding the shema from the manuel. Maybe you could help me to find out.
A : Ive never seen any rocker sw nor push button connected to the counter before. Why did they added an On/Off switch there?
B : where is this going on? It's written ''Panel''. Which panel? Maybe they means the connector bracket (CQN-1316)? What for?
C : Id like to replace the neon by a led. So, I modified the shema. I removed the ballast and modified the wiring. Both wires are now going to FL15 only. Is it correct like this?
D : Ive never seen any earth wire going to that place before. It seems both earth are going to each stud plate (CQN-1057) (instr. holder left/right). Is it correct?
E : is going under the CP metal plate, hooked to an M4 stem/nut for this purpose. Is it correct?
F : is going to coin chute door, hooked to any screw holding the door itself. Is it correct?
Thank you!

Attachments

• NAC SHEMA FORUM.jpg
    NAC SHEMA FORUM.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 52
A. That's your coin switch. the one that pulses when you drop a coin in the slot
B. This is the AC outlet inside of the cabinet, most likely on the service panel
C. its not a neon it's a "Florescent Lamp" (hence FL). The specific re-wire required is dependent on the specific replacement you're using. I can't speak to this without a lot more specifics

D. E. F. I don't own one of these cabs so I can't say, but I'd recommend finding build/restoration threads and looking at pictures of other cabs so see how yours compares

I have D. E. F. mostly outlined in my rebuild video. It's an AC, but they're close to the same. There's a ground inside the "cashbox assembly" which is really just the entire front piece. You should have a ground that is a 2-pin AMP-UP in the panel. That goes to the control panel itself (the metal panel that holds your sticks and buttons), and one cable will go off to the coin chute screws. Back to the control panel: you'll have one wire going to both of the instruction sheet holders.

Check out 16:57 and 23:25
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzhdFYszV0

Last edited:
I actually was confused enough by the Astro/New Astro ground wiring that I made a separate wiring diagram for myself during my own restore. Here's what I was able to piece together:
https://github.com/Softdrink117/new-astro-city-ground-wiring

My cab may be a slightly unusual case though, as it seems like I have a PSU that is more common in original Astro City cabinets, but in a New Astro.

Thanks to all!
A : OK
B : My psu : ''400-5198-01X'', maybe this will help. Also, when I dismounted my cab, this was going nowhere. I still don't see what is the ''panel'' the manual is talking about...
C : I plan to use a 6.6w / 880 lm 15W G13 led.
D : It seems both earth are really going to each stud plates (CQN-1057) as TodoRojo and Softdrink says.
E : OK
F : OK

Last edited:
Back