What's new
Yes, I promise I will scan what I can. I think I can get the wiring diagram scanned by a FedEx copy/sending center. I will check it out tomorrow and hopefully have a fully scanned copy that's free for all and NOT behind some paywall.

This is so cool! My Namco Exceleena was the first candy cab I ever bought and still my personal favourite of the 9 I currently own. There is something so stylish about the blue 60s Batmobile design :D I have downloaded this manual, thanks for all of the hard work translating it! Amazing stuff!

That's exactly why I like it. I call it the Bat Cab, because it does remind me of the Adam West Batman! Plus, those built in cup holders sold me over on it! :D

Okay, as promised, here is the scan of the Exceelena Blue manual that I have. I went to FedEx and they scanned the wiring schematic for me. I apologize in advance if it's terrible since I know it's not 100% straight. I have a separate link just for the wiring schematic alone and the other one is the full manual. Big thanks goes out to @Lemony Vengeance since he was the one who gave me this booklet to begin with.

Exceelena Blue wiring schematics only

Exceelena Blue full manual

Last edited:
The Exceleena I (the blue whale) was a JDM product only, very few made their way west, and it's quite old. As a result the manual is very hard to find. Eventually I managed to find a copy here locked behind a paywall. It's a very poor quality scan and in japanese only, and it was scanned before OCR was a thing so google translate wanted nothing to do with it
https://www.slideshare.net/endoe/exceleena-manual
Uh.. it is? I found it one day on YAJ, bought it, and gave it to @300wins because I knew he had a few of them.

Okay, as promised, here is the scan of the Exceelena Blue manual that I have. I went to FedEx and they scanned the wiring schematic for me. I apologize in advance if it's terrible since I know it's not 100% straight. I have a separate link just for the wiring schematic alone and the other one is the full manual. Big thanks goes out to @Lemony Vengeance since he was the one who gave me this booklet to begin with.

No thanks needed, man. You know I'd do anything for ya :D

Uh.. it is? I found it one day on YAJ, bought it, and gave it to @300wins because I knew he had a few of them.

No thanks needed, man. You know I'd do anything for ya :D

Sweet! There is all kinds of weird stuff that pops up on YAJ sometimes - I saw a complete set of CPS3 CD case art on there one time (and stupidly didnt bid). Nice job finding this one and thankyou to both you and @300wins for making this new and betterer scan possible!

These are awesome - thank you so much for doing this, much better than the miserable artwork we had from the Slideshare version.

What I could do from here is use the existing translated words with this new scan of the artwork + diagrams. Then we would have a full english manual with really nice artwork and a nice clear circuit diagram to match.

Does that sound like the right thing to do - anyone object if I give it a shot and post the results here for review?

I'm usually good with using keywords on Google to find things but.....

Does anyone in here still have the exceleena 2 manual?

The link in original post has expired.

Cheers.

I'm usually good with using keywords on Google to find things but.....

Does anyone in here still have the exceleena 2 manual?

The link in original post has expired.

Cheers.
Hello fellow kiwi! Exceleena 2 manual is too large for me to post here. shoot me a message and I will email

Oh, also, just realised I owe you an updated Exceleena (One) manual with the diagrams and schematic you scanned. I'll get onto it

Hey @rautz and @hatmoose.
I saw @rautz bought that Exceleena 2 last week. Some work needed for sure, hope you can revive the monitor.
Definitely a fun project, the red plastic front looked fully intact which is the main thing, everything else can be restored.

I have only seen a couple of these IRL and all of them had Nanao MS9 monitor chassis in them. If it’s the monitor board that has gone the pintech guys in chch will do good work fixing it.

one of the few candy cabs that you can (in theory) rotate the monitor by yourself. Worth fixing.

If it’s the monitor board that has gone the pintech guys in chch will do good work fixing it.
Even better than pintech (and closer) we used to have a local guy in Ham.
I followed the auction and he's the one who entered a bidding war with @rautz.
Would have been an easy restore for him, he can fix anything and has all the spare parts handy (doors, flyback, etc.).

Even better than pintech (and closer) we used to have a local guy in Ham.
I followed the auction and he's the one who entered a bidding war with @rautz.
Would have been an easy restore for him, he can fix anything and has all the spare parts handy (doors, flyback, etc.).
Hey mate

Just sent you a message.

I redrew the 100 yen sticker and posted here
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...100-yen-sticker-redrawn-and-recoloured.25395/

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.27.39 PM.png

Back