What's new
Is the link board needed or can it bypassed as it looks like the sound phono comes out of it

Also it possible to just use the JVS direct from the I/O?
You can technically bypass it but yeah, sound is hooked up to it, mainly the volume controls and input as it’s also an audio amp with VGA inputs. You can pretty much use a secondary audio amp and hook up the speakers to that. As for JVS, this thing also hooks up to the NAMCO NA-JV(2) JVS I/O using the 8 pin white connector and the JVS USB connects to the link board

Thanks just seams a odd way to do it if not ever using the link board.

You know for years I always thought this & the Lindy were very similar in design from just seeing the Noir in pictures but now I own both I can see they are very different with the Noir been very better built & strong with the CP area having zero flex.

Maybe Namco knew that they prob wouldn't design any other stick cabs after this so went all out on it.

The link board is effectively the standard interface for the cabinet giving you USB, VGA, and RCA/3.5mm inputs to the cabinet. I don't see any reason to bypass it unless you want to do a bunch of custom work.

Thinking about it this cab with its 4 psu's & isolation transformers, link board has everything very modular for easy swap out should something go down, I guess if the link wasn't needed for general use the op I got the cab off would of nicked it.

Very different from the Lindy with the 2 sun psu's for the monitor & gameboard, my sun psu is totally wasted in my Lindy as all it powers is the moves strip light & i/o board.

The pc shelf in the Noir are much better similar to the Vewlix, I had to make one for the Lindy.

Does anyone know what all the connector are for?

The far right one looks like the moves strip light on the Lindy (I know the far left one is for the led moves light) & right of the red connector could possibly a card cp reader of some kind but what are the black connectors extra joystick ports?

Attachments

• DSC_1410c.JPG
    DSC_1410c.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 38
Thanks mate this thread has been a massive help since I got my Noir I was away at my sister in-laws at the weekend so was just sat up there thinking about the cab.

Very similar under cp panel on Lindy:

Attachments

• DSC_1435.JPG
    DSC_1435.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 35
Back