What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing work, thanks Franco and team. I’m very excited to be playing these at some point and I’m very grateful for all the hard work that’s gone into to.

have no idea why you would inform people that your private releases do contain malware keep up the good work apologize for the misunderstanding
Genuine question, you don't happen to be the guy who actually leaked the closed build with malware by any chance? (had many sleeper/alt accounts on here). Again this is a question not a statement.

Just seems odd that you've been on a posting hiatus for nearly 6.5 years and of all the threads since then this is the one you choose to return on and effectively throw some shade at Franco.

not odd at all taking the time to point out shady practices is all. I have no reason to share malware if you understand why this has happened which none of you will. Maybe something better left for franco to keep explaining.

not odd at all taking the time to point out shady practices is all. I have no reason to share malware if you understand why this has happened which none of you will. Maybe something better left for franco to keep explaining.
What shady practices are you even talking about? Me not wanting to share an unfinished project?
Most of the community here knows I don’t like sharing unfinished projects.

You're the one being vague. If you think something nefarious is going on, then inform us without the theatrics.

Otherwise, the story is someone stole the emu, added malware, and released it onto emuline. Zero to do with Franco.

I have no beef or malice against @eproxy. The thing that angers me and my team is that someone tricked him and used my name to share the leaks to him. We have a clear clue who might have done it but next time be careful who you come in contact with, there’s seems to be some people impersonating me and shedding some false information around or making me seem like a bad person, I’m not in any arcade related discord server anymore and I’m never going back to emuline. That being said, no more drama please, this is a project I wanted to share with the community but seems like many in the emuline community are impatient or something. Again, the fork will be ready by the end of this month or early next month. We don’t like sharing unfinished stuff as it only causes problems and confusion.

Last edited:
This is an amazing project yall have been working on, I would love to see you all get all Namco 357/369 games working on this and yall are so cool for getting all this to work so fast. Good luck with this project and I will try to keep an eye out for when this becomes available to the public. :)

Short demo gameplay of Dark Escape 4D using our new build. My PC unfortunately isn’t strong enough to fully play this game but all levels are playable. RPCS3 is very CPU Intensive so a good CPU/GPU are required to play most of the 357 games as intended
Dark Escape first preview Namco System 357 RPCS3
View: https://youtu.be/8kI5yVUWIKY

Short demo gameplay of Dark Escape 4D using our new build. My PC unfortunately isn’t strong enough to fully play this game but all levels are playable. RPCS3 is very CPU Intensive so a good CPU/GPU are required to play most of the 357 games as intended
Dark Escape first preview Namco System 357 RPCS3
View: https://youtu.be/8kI5yVUWIKY
Incredibly wicked!
Thanks for dropping the progress updates, it's really cool to see this thing evolve in real time like this.

Man oh man....after watching that I am even more excited for this to be released. Still can't believe we will be able to play this at home. This is my number one game I've always wanted but never thought it would "come home". Awesome work!!!

I think I waited around 11+ years to be able to play Dragon Ball Zenkai, I was still a small kid back in those days. This feels like a dream, After seeing so many videos of Zenkai on the web and only dreaming what it could be to play, It's finally going to be available to play at the comfort of my home? That is so generous and kind for someone like Franco to bring to us fans of Arcade games. I cannot wait to put in endless hours of gaming into the emulator. Thank you for caring for us gamers like this. It feels like a warm hug to us all.

Question! I was wondering how the banapassport emulation is going so far? I believe with that we can get unlocked characters and nifty looking outfits for the characters.

Your project omed Is the best thing of 2023 thus far. Let me know any way to support the project! You, and the team are a blessing!

Question! I was wondering how the banapassport emulation is going so far? I believe with that we can get unlocked characters and nifty looking outfits for the characters.
Thank you for the kind words! We really appreciate it. As for the Banapassport stuff, that is yet to be determined. We will have updates posted here once all of that has been situated and confirmed working ;)
Thank you for caring for us gamers like this. It feels like a warm hug to us all.
Absolutely! This is definitely something that is needed in terms of game preservation. Many of these games don’t have home ports (or the arcade versions ran better than the console versions) and the real hardware itself isn’t going to stay with us forever, especially the first gen Namco system 357A-B hardware. Just recently one of my 357A hardware is unfortunately having HDD issues :(

Thanks Franco & team! . In terms of game preservation you are doing a Great Job! great achievement. Eager to support on this.

Courte démo de gameplay de Dark Escape 4D utilisant notre nouvelle version. Mon PC n'est malheureusement pas assez puissant pour jouer pleinement à ce jeu mais tous les niveaux sont jouables. RPCS3 est très gourmand en CPU, donc un bon CPU/GPU est nécessaire pour jouer à la plupart des 357 jeux comme prévu
Dark Escape premier aperçu Namco System 357 RPCS3
Voir : https://youtu.be/8kI5yVUWIKY
Incroyablement méchant !
Merci d'avoir laissé tomber les mises à jour de progression, c'est vraiment cool de voir cette chose évoluer en temps réel comme ça.
Bonjour Franco,
Quel est ta config PC merci?

Awesome work!

This is not legal advice, but I’ve seen how much you’ve gone through for this so just a comment to hopefully make sure more issues don’t arise.

RPCS3 uses the GNU General Public License Version 2 (June 1991). According to the license, you are welcome to use RPCS3 and its source code for any purpose, but distributing RPCS3 requires that the source code be released and attribution given.

I’m not sure how you’re planning your Patron setup, but you wouldn’t be legally able to distribute the binary to only patron supporters, so it would have to be donations. I’m sure you’d easily get enough donations though as it looks like people are very excited!

Awesome work!

This is not legal advice, but I’ve seen how much you’ve gone through for this so just a comment to hopefully make sure more issues don’t arise.

RPCS3 uses the GNU General Public License Version 2 (June 1991). According to the license, you are welcome to use RPCS3 and its source code for any purpose, but distributing RPCS3 requires that the source code be released and attribution given.

I’m not sure how you’re planning your Patron setup, but you wouldn’t be legally able to distribute the binary to only patron supporters, so it would have to be donations. I’m sure you’d easily get enough donations though as it looks like people are very excited!
This is something we’ve been having a talk about and we are fully aware that the emulator is an open source project which is why we are going to implement our code to the main public build very very soon for everyone to play for FREE, the patreon however will be for the continual support for other features like Banapassport emulation and for us to buy necessary parts or components for further testing and research. And of course to support our programmer for making this stuff a reality. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back