What's new
In my experience the Hitachi tube doesn’t benefit much from this
I was about to do the enhancement mod on Hitachi after capkit...and when I compared it to the toshibas, I refrained myself since it looked sooo good already.

Now I'm glad I didn't do it. Thanks for mentioning it.

I have some MS9 chassis that have different neckboards. Can't find a D506, r517, so I thought it might be an older revision, but I can't find a J404 on it either! It's marked 05a00675c1.

Is it possible to do these mods on this chassis?

Also does anyone have photos of what the edge curling looks like?

You can do it on any of them fundamentally, but sure enough it's possible the jumper name is different or gone. Ultimately you just want to isolate that neck pin from ground and instead substitute the G1 voltage.

You can do it on any of them fundamentally, but sure enough it's possible the jumper name is different or gone. Ultimately you just want to isolate that neck pin from ground and instead substitute the G1 voltage.
Thanks. I guess I'll go and check the chassis that I've installed on cabs. maybe I'll find one that is similar to what you guys used. Just too much work to try and figure it out with these spares I have.

You could do that. The 31k is already a bit of a compromise though, and modifying the B+ voltage for the sake of 31k means that 24k might look a little off. However the theory of operation is fine to do something like you've described.

Back