What's new

Baknamy_warri0r

Student
Reaction score
I've been trying the last 3 days to connect the net dimm to my PC with no luck.

What happens is once I set everything in test mode and exit, it gives me an Error 31 code, which is normal since I don't have any games loaded.

After powering on and off the naomi, it goes back to the checking network screen. There is one red light and one green light after powering on for the net dimm.

However, when I try to use transfergame.exe or try pinging the net dimm, it gives me a host unreachable message.

I'm using a crossover cable straight from my laptop via USB ethernet adapter to the net dimm.

The ethernet port has a static ip address. Not sure is this set correctly.

Any idea how should I go about this?

Attachments

• IMG_20191009_161450.jpg
    IMG_20191009_161450.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20191009_161550.jpg
    IMG_20191009_161550.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20191009_161503.jpg
    IMG_20191009_161503.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20191009_161525.jpg
    IMG_20191009_161525.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20191009_161542.jpg
    IMG_20191009_161542.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 75
Ok so I'd change the IP addresses to something like 192.168.0.2 that 100.100.100.106 thing is strange to me.
The PC should be 1, the netdimm 2, the 255.255.255.0 is fine.

You may not need the crossover cable, most modern switches and network cards can auto detect this and switch internally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should yea I edited that post when I saw you typed the address of the Netdimm.

This looks strange...
eDCQAle.jpg

The gateway should be that 255.0 number, and the server should be the IP address of the PC.
Guess its been awhile since I've done this, paging @twistedsymphony (since he wrote the Pi Force guide).

Now I'm kinda focusing on this...

What happens is once I set everything in test mode and exit, it gives me an Error 31 code, which is normal since I don't have any games loaded.
After you set the options I think it goes back to searching for network message, the error 31 could mean its not saving the options you set?
IDK sorry its been a while, I set this up once, don't recall having any trouble with it or what exactly "normal" operation is at this point.

Did you try to remove and reseat the Netdimm? What version of the Naomi BIOS are you running?

Look here, error 31 isn't even listed as a code.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried the IP address you recommended and got the same error.

For the error 31, the netdimm does save my ip address and subnet mask when I reboot into the test menu though.

Heres the error 31 code I got after exiting out of the test menu.

BIOS chip is the multi-region rev. H. I've tried re-seating the netdimm yet nothing still.

Attachments

• imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-nESkEpU5HgXbM.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-nESkEpU5HgXbM.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 46
  • error31.jpg
    error31.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Try setting the ip of your pc to 192.168.1.1 and the gateway to 192.168.1.2

Then set the ip of your net dimm to 192.168.1.2

I tried that and nothing.

Attachments

• net dimm no ping.jpg
    net dimm no ping.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 55
  • netdimm address.jpg
    netdimm address.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
T do you think it has anything to do with that error 31? That seems strange to me, can't recall ever seeing that on mine.
Back on my old CF/GD Dimm I would get error 21 constantly, it needed to really be pushed down HARD into the Naomi to avoid it (pin contact issue I believe).

This is going to sound a bit dumb but you don't have wifi turned on right? If you DO have wifi turned on, please disable it and try pinging again. (As a note, 100.100.100.x/24 is a totally valid IP, but it's a public one, so try not to use it unless you own it. For reference, 10.x.x.x, 172.16-31.x.x and 192.168.x.x are the private IP spaces.)

T do you think it has anything to do with that error 31? That seems strange to me, can't recall ever seeing that on mine.
that's 100% normal. it's what you'd receive anytime you enter test mode and then exit without a game loaded on the DIMM.

I tried that and nothing.
I noticed one of the windows on your PC says "Ethernet 2" do you have multiple ethernet ports on that PC?

error 31 is a nothing error. Just means the netdimm couldn't find a game in ram...i.e. battery is dead.

If you can ping it, you can send a game to it with error 31.

Last time I got the "Game is not acceptable by mainboard", it was because the bios I had in the naomi wasn't correct, but you have the rev H bios, so that shouldn't be the problem, but just in case, what region jumper settings are you using? I don't see any of the netdimm internal jumpers in any of the photos, but since you see "Checking Network" I guess those are correct too. You said you were directly connected, but still can't ping it... I see that your ethernet is labeled as "2" you don't happen to have a second NIC or anything running right? There's a fairly limited number of things it could be at this point. Something like a VMware NIC or a VPN or a Tunneled interface of some kind? If you set your machine to a different subnet (e.g 192.168.0.1 instead of .1.1) and run tracert to the Naomi's IP address what does it do? Just some asterisks or does it give you an IP as the first response?

Edit: As a further test, tack on -S (your machine's IP address) to your ping command to see if you can force it to use whatever interface it is you're trying to use.

Last edited:
The Ethernet 2 is the usb ethernet adapter. The laptop is an acer aspire. I'm guessing the other ethernet port requires a dongle since the laptop is too thin to have a built in ethernet port. That also has been disabled.

How do I use the -S command with ping?

just type in -S ping 192.168.1.2 ?

I also tried this on an old windows xp laptop with a built in ethernet port with wifi disabled and had the same problem.

It lights up when its plugged in. I just bought the netdimm not too long ago from yaton on ebay.

The strange thing is that there are no packets loss when pinged from my regular computer. However, on the old XP laptop, the results are 100% packet loss.

Yes, I tried that and it just times out. The naomi monitor doesnt display any percentages loading, just checking network still.

I'm not too familiar with tracert but I did ran that, transfergame.exe and another ping.

Also, this is how my jumpers are set up.

Attachments

• tracert.jpg
    tracert.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 63
  • jumpers.jpg
    jumpers.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 54
Back