What's new
After help from @Murray I was able to test a handful of ROMs and they all run into the same problem. The game will boot, but after about 30 seconds everything restarts and I get an error 33.

My guess is the lack of stability is due to the lack of zero chip. I'll have to be patient and try to research until my zero chip finally arrives to see if that helps resolve the issue.

Thanks for everyone's generous time and help. I really appreciate it. Once this is all said and done, I'd like to help create a new guide for netbooting that will be more up to date than what is current stickied. It's the least I could do given all the help I've received so far.

~Paik

The game will boot, but after about 30 seconds everything restarts and I get an error 33.
Did you go into the Pi interface Menu -> Options and enable 'Time Hack Mode'?
I did now! It works! Any game that I was able to get to load (CvS Pro gave an error 02) worked flawlessly and didn't time out. Thank you so much!

With that, my saga has seemingly come to an end. Thanks to @the Goat @Murray @chunksin @waali and everyone else. Hopefully, I didn't miss anyone!

~Paik

I'm happy with v4 and the functions therein so I wont be moving to v5. I'll pack the config and rom folders as a separate zip for those wanting a quick drop in set.
WifiNetbooter.ROMs.Config.N1.&.AW.Only.29.08.2020.7z 10GBhttps://mega.nz/file/kV1QxIKQ#BlGWtApxW-riMxoRKwb8XhFibExu_httjDZ6u6qMWG4
I'm not able to download this as it wants to use some app for it.

Is there any way to make the download go without the app still?

Or does one just have to bite the bullet?

Edit: Seems Edge is allowed to download without the app :)

Google Chrome allows you to download large Mega files in the browser. As a Firefox user, it’s the only reason I still have Chrome installed

Google Chrome allows you to download large Mega files in the browser. As a Firefox user, it’s the only reason I still have Chrome installed
Google chrome was the first I tried, it did not allow me to.

So does one copy the content of the @waali zip file straight over the installation?

There's no conflicts overwriting the config folder of v5 with his v4 config folder and so on?

Also a last question (sorry for the spamming in the thread); but why is a crossover cable needed? Doesn't the rPi have autosensing? So as long as one device has this it should not need a crossover cable.

People recommend it just to be safe. It's not strictly necessary as far as I can tell.
Also a last question (sorry for the spamming in the thread); but why is a crossover cable needed? Doesn't the rPi have autosensing? So as long as one device has this it should not need a crossover cable.
A crossover cable is NOT required.
Thank you, thought so but wasn't sure since every guide mentions one :)

When I tried a crossover cable a few years ago with a Pi and Netdimm it would NOT work. With a standard cable it worked fine.

Drove me crazy because at the time most things I read were saying to use a crossover.

There is a change in the csv file between v4 and v5, an extra column was added for the rom ident function, but as long as you don't need that - and you shouldn't as everything is preconfigured - it'll work fine.

People recommend it just to be safe. It's not strictly necessary as far as I can tell.
A crossover cable is NOT required.
Thank you, thought so but wasn't sure since every guide mentions one :)
Yeah, I ran into the same thing. Most of the stickied guides are outdated, making it hard to make sense of anything on your own. We'll have to rectify that soon!

Yeah, I ran into the same thing. Most of the stickied guides are outdated, making it hard to make sense of anything on your own. We'll have to rectify that soon!
The guide situation is complicated by way too many variations of Raspberry Pi models. Many with similar names. Maybe some of the older Pi models did require a crossover cable. I don't know.

In my quest to reduce wires to the pi with touchscreen:

Has anyone tried to integrate the gpio reset to use a WIFI or Bluetooth relay instead, so there is no need to hardwire a line to the gpio pin to the reset relay?

Example relays

Wifi Relays

Bluetooth

Also, any has anyone used a POE hat or similar to power the pi?

So this does not work for me. I get the web page, it loads 100% when I select a game, but no game is shown on the Naomi. Just checking network all the time

So this does not work for me. I get the web page, it loads 100% when I select a game, but no game is shown on the Naomi. Just checking network all the time
Please verify:
  • netDIMM jumper settings
  • ip/subnet/gateway settings on the Naomi

Please verify:
  • netDIMM jumper settings
  • ip/subnet/gateway settings on the Naomi
I don’t see jumper settings but there’s a sticker with an ip

Attachments

• 6E41CEE3-2AB9-4A51-B3C2-691E7CA6E1FB.jpeg
    6E41CEE3-2AB9-4A51-B3C2-691E7CA6E1FB.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 73
Back