What's new
Item has been found

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I've got a new to me monitor that's showing need for a rejuv, and I don't own one. Has the fun shadowy lines from the left side.

Happy to bring my monitor over to you, or have you over, or borrow it, or whatever way is most convenient for you. Happy to pay for your time if need be.

Santa Maria, have many. Sencors.
That is a full day round-trip. As much as I appreciate the offer it is unfortunately not worth the drive :( . Really looking in actual SoCal. Central Coast, Bay area, all too far.

Question regarding rejuvenation of monitor...

Say that you don't think you need it but think it might help, will it makes a difference if you do it anyway? Or am I right to believe only use it when things go wrong?

you need to test the emissions of the guns prior as a step in the process of even using it. and if they look good, you stop. if not - that is what will tell you if you need to use it. you should never just use it (just because) as it can kill one of the R,G,B guns.

you need to test the emissions of the guns prior as a step in the process of even using it. and if they look good, you stop. if not - that is what will tell you if you need to use it. you should never just use it (just because) as it can kill one of the R,G,B guns.
Bang on.

But you need the rejuvenator to test, so any which way you look at it I need one for half an hour or so.

I got myself a B&K 467 a while back, but I never got around to getting/making a CR23 adapter. If you have a way to connect the tube, you're welcome to stop by and use it for free.

PM me if you need to use it.

I got myself a B&K 467 a while back, but I never got around to getting/making a CR23 adapter.
Much appreciated. I'll pull the tube and see which adapter is needed. I'm in the position of having a non-working (read previous owner cut a ton of wires randomly, and even if I worked out how to fix THAT mess, I don't know if it even works) B&K with a bunch of adapters.

I have several adapters as well, I just know that I don't have CR23 and CR31, which seem to be the most compatible with tubes that go with Nanao and WG chassis.

Fair warning: I haven't tested my 467, although the seller claimed it was working fine and I didn't see any damage. I'll pull it out and take a look at it again since it's been a while.

I actually just made a batch of B&K CR23 adapters for some friends and have 2 spares that I have been too lazy to list for sale. I'd do $40 each for them if needed. Also, I got a CR70 rejuv and am local if you need a hand @rewrite.

Might want to post the model number of the monitor so people would know if they've got the right adapter to hook it up.

I met someone who's now a friend through him coming by to offer to try rejuvenating a monitor. Didn't help, but it was very cool to see the process. And more importantly he's a super cool guy and I got a new friend out of it!

I really do love this hobby most of the time.

I took a quick look at my rejuv and it seems to be in decent condition, with no obvious damage to the cables. While it does power on, I haven't tried it on a tube before, so I'm not 100% certain if it's in full working order. I also took a pic of the adapters that came with it in case your tube happens to be compatible with any of these

IMG20230425234337.jpg
IMG20230425234350.jpg

I took a quick look at my rejuv and it seems to be in decent condition, with no obvious damage to the cables. While it does power on, I haven't tried it on a tube before, so I'm not 100% certain if it's in full working order. I also took a pic of the adapters that came with it in case your tube happens to be compatible with any of these

IMG20230425234337.jpg
IMG20230425234350.jpg

More than likely he is going to need a CR-23. The adapters can be rare, but there are guides online for making them.

If your B&K hasnt been serviced anytime in the past ~25 years it more than likely will not work properly. They are notorious for cold solder joints, when I got mine it was so bad caps were falling out. Its best to take it apart, clean and reflow it with fresh solder.

Good point. I'll probably reflow all the joints soon, although that also makes me paranoid about the condition of the caps.

I’m in Bellflower a few miles away from Golf N’ Stuff. I’ve got a tube tester/rejuvenator with CR-23,24,30,31 and maybe a couple others, I’ve been meaning to make a universal but haven’t purchased all the mini grabbers yet to make it happen.
I’ve used it to rejuvenate a B&W monitor but other than that I’ve just used it to check for shorts and gun emission.
You're more than welcome to stop by sometime and put it to use if needed.

I’m in Bellflower a few miles away from Golf N’ Stuff. I’ve got a tube tester/rejuvenator with CR-23,24,30,31 and maybe a couple others, I’ve been meaning to make a universal but haven’t purchased all the mini grabbers yet to make it happen.
I’ve used it to rejuvenate a B&W monitor but other than that I’ve just used it to check for shorts and gun emission.
You're more than welcome to stop by sometime and put it to use if needed.
I very much appreciate your offer! And @Zepherino and everyone else.

@dewmansnk helped me out early in the week, and it looks like it'll be okay? Moving the Toei chassis off of the tube and back managed to break it somehow (I hate how fragile these things are) and it won't catch sync now, but that's an easier fix. Colors look good, no weird smudging like before, but can't get the image to hold still.

A rejuvenation success story! And I'll recap/reflow/poke about with the chassis across the following weeks as I find time. Already found out the H.Hold and V.Hold pots both have broken wipers. Whole cab is held together with gum and prayers, so no surprise.

Out of curiosity, is it one of those Neo 25's that's been floating around Cali lately?

Out of curiosity, is it one of those Neo 25's that's been floating around Cali lately?
Consolette 18 actually.

Neo 25 is probably the only cab I regret selling. It's a great cab.

Consolette 18 actually.

Neo 25 is probably the only cab I regret selling. It's a great cab.
Weird, I had a Neo 25 and never could appreciate it. I ended up selling it for stupid cheap just to get it out of my way. It was one of those cabs for me I loved until I owned.

Back