What's new
as of 5/13/23. theres all ur money right there

Attachments

• 8354AAFC-3705-4A59-A3E8-E7325F8753C7.jpg
    8354AAFC-3705-4A59-A3E8-E7325F8753C7.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 183
Thanks, I made a post on that threat and tagged the scammer on it since he hasn't been banned yet and still active. Unreal that he hasn't been banned.

Weird that @Dekken has not been active on here since 09/23, maybe he paid him back to not get banned on KLOV?
Hes on vaction from last I spoke to him

I wish I'd seen this thread last year, as it would have saved me a lot of stress.

Last fall, the PSU on my Capcom Q25 crapped out. As Omar had helped me in the past when the MS8 chassis on my Q25 died years back and was courteous and knowledgeable, I reached out to him for advice. He confirmed that the issue was a PSU failure and offered to repair the board for me. Given how helpful he was before and how smooth of an experience it was overall, I was grateful for the assist and had no reservations about sending my power supply board to him for repair.

As things tend to go, the holidays were very hectic, but I found time to send the board to Omar, who confirmed receipt of it on December 16th.

A few weeks later, around New Years, I followed up to see if he'd had a chance to look at the board. Not to rush him, but primarily to see if he believed the board to be salvageable. He said he would work on it the first week of January and return it to me.

That week came and went, and I didn't receive the PSU, so I sent a follow-up on January 16, and he said he was almost done with the repair. He explained the board had a lot of leaky caps and he had to do a thorough cleaning. I thanked him, and even though he offered to fix it as a friend, I asked him for his PayPal info as I wanted to compensate him fairly for his time and handle the shipping costs. He didn't provide that info, but I figured he was just being cool and not rushing; no worries there.

With January coming to a close, I reached out to him again for an update. Omar confirmed the work was done, and once again said he'd send the board out that weekend, which never happened.

On February 9th, I pinged him again for a shipping update. He promised to have the PSU shipped on Monday the 12th. I followed up with Omar on February 15th to see if he had a tracking number he could provide me so that I could make sure to be home when the package arrived. On February 17, he responded, saying he'd find the tracking number and send it to me ASAP. Two days went by without a tracking number, and I was starting to get a bad feeling after so many missed deadlines (that he imposed), so I followed up again, asking if he had any luck finding the tracking number. He once again didn't reply. So, on February 22nd, five days after I asked for my tracking number and ten days after he promised to ship the board, I messaged him again for the tracking information.

Omar finally responds, saying he's on his way back to LA from Sacramento, but tells me not to worry and that "everything should be okay." Omar explains that he uses a business account to ship merchandise and that he thought they had picked it up, but it turns out they neglected to pick up my PCB along with a Naomi unit for another customer. He assured me, saying, "Don't worry, I'm honest, and I'll send it out,"—a refrain it seems many folks have heard repeatedly, judging from this thread. He promised to send the board out on Thursday and be there personally to ensure it goes out. I asked him to please provide a tracking number, something he was always very evasive about whenever I asked.

As I said, this whole experience was starting to put a bad taste in my mouth. I don't like to nag anyone, but with my board supposedly having been repaired for over a month, having to repeatedly check in to have it sent back to me was really starting to eat at me, especially as every promise Omar had made had resulted in a game of cat and mouse and needless follow-ups.

That being said, the Thursday that he promised the board would go out, I sent a polite reminder for him to get me the tracking information after it'd been picked up (keep in mind he told me he'd send it on the previous occasion when, in all actuality, it turned out there wasn't any tracking information to begin with). He responded aggressively, telling me I needed to "let him breathe," and expressed that had he known I'd respond like this, he never would have taken the job on. I apologized and stated that it'd been nearly a week since our last exchange, and, given the circumstances, I didn't feel like I was being pushy by asking for that information.

Well, surprise, surprise. It's now March 9th; over a week since he claims to have shipped the board. I have no tracking number to speak of, and Omar never followed up with me.

At this point, It's plain to see that Omar either did not complete the repair in January as he claimed he did and is dragging things out. Or, if that isn't the case, it's that he has no intentions of sending the PCB back to me. It's been nearly a month and a half since the job was supposedly completed. The fact that he couldn't spare 20 minutes to drop the board off at a post office tells me everything I need to know.

Thankfully, it looks like I should still be able to get the old beast back up and running despite this headache. Lemony Vengeance has offered to fabricate a solution for me, being the absolute gentleman and pillar of the arcade collecting community he is. Still, I thought it'd be good to share my experiences here so that nobody else in the community finds themselves in a similar situation.

Last edited:
He has apparently been intentionally doing stuff like this for years, I don't understand why he hasn't been exposed before.

This info/warning about him needs to spread to social media so he does not continue this thieving rampage. Imagine if he would get into the Pinball world, etc...running these scams.

Honestly, he was a huge help the last time I had an issue and I trusted him wholeheartedly. Really didn't expect him to turn heel in the years since, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Honestly, he was a huge help the last time I had an issue and I trusted him wholeheartedly. Really didn't expect him to turn heel in the years since, but the evidence speaks for itself.
That's exactly what happened to me. Again I'm no big collector or any of that sort. I was at his previous address like 3 times and bought two arcades from him. He offered me death adder for some money never deliver already had paid him. It's crap, all I want is my 1800 I paid him over 2 years ago for a Kyotaro.

Jesus, he got you too? He really is a scumbag.

So, with yesterday being two weeks since he last sword the board was going up out and him ghosting me since then, I shot a follow-up message which he's left unread. However, I know he's seen it as he was creeping on my Instagram stories yesterday.

At this point I'm genuinely leaning towards filing a police report with the LA sheriff's office for theft. This thread should go a long way toward substantiating Omar's piss-poor behavior and criminality.

Attachments

• F157C0CC-1925-4960-BE2F-7D17CDC8E07E.png
    F157C0CC-1925-4960-BE2F-7D17CDC8E07E.png
    245 KB · Views: 87
Should I not be trying to get my property back? This dude has stolen from countless others.
I was kidding. But I really don't think this idiot is going to come through. It sounds like he's been threatened with police action before and doesn't care.

I really hope that I'm wrong though.

Police action is not likely to lead anywhere with one report. They'll consider it a civil issue and send you to civil court. Obviously what he has done collectively is criminal, but if the KLOV Steve Salmon debacle showed us anything is that the police don't give a damn about this stuff. Unless someone has an "in" with a detective in the LAPD or LASD this ain't going anywhere. Sue him if you must, get a judgement, and have it enforced. You can request an order of examination post judgment to force him to court, and if that order is disobeyed then an actual bench warrant for arrest can get issued. That's how the law works in CA.

Just wanted to post an update for those who've been following my situation with Omar.

Omar FaceTimed me tonight and we had a good conversation. He showed me the PSU working on the bench and gave a thorough overview of all the adjustments he was making to verify it was good to go. An hour after our call, he sent me the tracking number for my parcel, which should arrive on Friday.

Omar referenced his ongoing situations in this thread, and said that his work piles up to the point where he just kind of buries his head down when it gets too crazy. I can't speak for that myself, but I will say that he was very civil—especially given how serious the conversation had turned over the past week—and that if the board shows up in good working order then I'll genuinely be grateful for the service he provided and for him coming through despite the nagging steps it took to find a resolution.

That said, I'll be sure to post an update on Friday when the board arrives.

Just wanted to post an update for those who've been following my situation with Omar.

Omar FaceTimed me tonight and we had a good conversation. He showed me the PSU working on the bench and gave a thorough overview of all the adjustments he was making to verify it was good to go. An hour after our call, he sent me the tracking number for my parcel, which should arrive on Friday.

Omar referenced his ongoing situations in this thread, and said that his work piles up to the point where he just kind of buries his head down when it gets too crazy. I can't speak for that myself, but I will say that he was very civil—especially given how serious the conversation had turned over the past week—and that if the board shows up in good working order then I'll genuinely be grateful for the service he provided and for him coming through despite the nagging steps it took to find a resolution.

That said, I'll be sure to post an update on Friday when the board arrives.
That's great to hear, I'm glad he is sending your property back to you. Good luck.

Now, if he could only find a way to send back the $1,600 I sent him almost 3 years ago now for a cab he did not deliver on after sending me a ton of pictures of the cab being restored, powdercoated, etc.., that would be great. By the way, the last conversation I had with him, he had not worked on the cab at all, not sure if he even has the cab. I even offered to take it as is and he hasn't even responded to that which leads me to believe he doesn't even have it.

That's great to hear, I'm glad he is sending your property back to you. Good luck.

Now, if he could only find a way to send back the $1,600 I sent him almost 3 years ago now for a cab he did not deliver on after sending me a ton of pictures of the cab being restored, powdercoated, etc.., that would be great. By the way, the last conversation I had with him, he had not worked on the cab at all, not sure if he even has the cab. I even offered to take it as is and he hasn't even responded to that which leads me to believe he doesn't even have it.
That's just wild. Keeping my fingers crossed he makes you whole eventually. Even if my stuff gets sorted and I'm grateful, there's definitely no excusing that kind of behavior. You have every right to be bitter over that.

Back