What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in knowing if there is some tool required for preparing the roms for the cart and if so, if it will be open source, so I can help port it to Linux and OSX. Also, do the roms require some patching to work with the cart, or are they the standard MAME set?

Thanks!

roms require regrouping, no patching, except as we already mentioned, Metal Slug X.

Standard Mame romsets work if properly packed. We'll explain everything about it on due time, although as has already happened with other multis and our competitor, someone will probably make them available ready to "plug and play"

roms require regrouping, no patching, except as we already mentioned, Metal Slug X.

Standard Mame romsets work if properly packed. We'll explain everything about it on due time, although as has already happened with other multis and our competitor, someone will probably make them available ready to "plug and play"
This is so cool, DS. Great improvement over the initial thoughts of using patched roms for protected ones, kudos to you and your team! :) Hope that MSX protection can be fixed soon to have a completely original set of games.

This is so cool, DS. Great improvement over the initial thoughts of using patched roms for protected ones, kudos to you and your team! :) Hope that MSX protection can be fixed soon to have a completely original set of games.
That's unnecessary. People with broken MS X carts replace the PRG ROM board with a regular PRG board from some cheap donor game and the hacked ROM. There's no bitstream to program another Altera CPLD with so once it blows, cart is toast. Therefore, it's pointless be anal about MS X protection.

with our solution you can choose between real slot with the change game button of the neogeo and again change between games of the same multigame cart pressing up+1p start. So for a 6 slot you can press combinations to choose among 18 games :thumbsup:
So who's the first one to populate a 6-slot with 6 multis? Can we get a video of this setup in action? :D

with our solution you can choose between real slot with the change game button of the neogeo and again change between games of the same multigame cart pressing up+1p start. So for a 6 slot you can press combinations to choose among 18 games :thumbsup:
So who's the first one to populate a 6-slot with 6 multis? Can we get a video of this setup in action? :D
I think Mitsu will do the honors :)

BTW that winner statement at the very end was completely improvised and spur of the moment. You just can't cut those kind of moments. :P
I thought the ending was perfect and looked totally spur of the moment.

I actually laughed out loud!

can i get a copy of that image
I which format would you prefer?
Funny but also kind of serious question question here regarding to the image... is there any chance we can request it be printed on the carts or embedded as the Menu Image? Maybe one of our artists can implement it on a new piece of art for the cart? :evil: :love:
That sword and bloodshed is HARD AS FUCK! IPPON!

Man... this is some truly AWESOME work guys! Hats off to you both, @Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w :thumbup:

It makes me wonder just how much more impressive the next video is going to be once ALL the features have been implemented, displayed, and misc. kinks have been sorted out.

Funny but also kind of serious question question here regarding to the image... is there any chance we can request it be printed on the carts or embedded as the Menu Image? Maybe one of our artists can implement it on a new piece of art for the cart?
That sword and bloodshed is HARD AS FUCK! IPPON!
I appreciate people thinking the image is humorous but it was just that, a joke. It would be in bad taste. Though we are looking at making the boot image a customizable option so you could use anything you want. We will let you know.

Though we are looking at making the boot image a customizable option so you could use anything you want. We will let you know.
I think this is a great idea. Include a cool ass Darksoft image that can easily be changed, kind of like the sound that plays on the ST-V multi while it loads a game.

Just swap in a different pic, appropriately named, and away you go.

:D

Sure, you did not say it was horrible, but saying that your product "blows the competition out of the water" in the first minute of the video and that you are clear winner, did not sound fine to me.
So if I state my opinion I'm bashing? Sorry but it was just an opinion and people can draw their own conclusions based on the video. I seriously doubt those two comments swayed anyone's opinions.
BTW that winner statement at the very end was completely improvised and spur of the moment. You just can't cut those kind of moments. :P
People need to harden up if what Mitsu said in that video is over the top lol. Try working in IT and going to a Cisco Live! or Microsoft TechEd event and see how those marketing people talk about their competitors products in their presentations. Go google the way Steve Ballmer acted over the years lol.

Yuck.. Steve Balmer.. referring to cancer when talking about open source software and Linux, what a knob. Although he's doing something good now.

But yeah, I agree, people are offended too easily nowadays it seems.

Love the video, a little competition is healthy!

If a new video is going to be shot, I would like to see the loading time on only 1 slot (Garou), booting up, no menu... please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back