What's new
Sorry if I missed this in one of the threads, but I just want to have a clear understanding of the load time disparity between the NeoSD and the Darksoft solution. So, the Darksoft solution loads directly from the SD card to RAM (fast), whenever a game selection is changed. The NeoSD loads from the SD card into flash (slow) whenever a game selection is changed (though on power up, the previously loaded game will load instantly from flash).

Is that a fairly accurate description of the loading time/method difference?
-ud

The NeoSD loads from the SD card into flash (slow) whenever a game selection is changed (though on power up, the previously loaded game will load instantly from flash).
Another minor limitation of flash writing... It's not infinite.
Sure each block can write some 50,000x times, so it is only a minor concern, but it should be mentioned in the battle of RAM vs Flash.

Personally I prefer RAM devices like the SD2SNES over flash devices like the Super Everdrive.
Honestly I'll buy whatever device Darksoft makes, no matter what hardware he uses, just say'n. ;)

Nobody seems to mention that, but the main advantage of Darksoft's DDR design is the possibility to load 4 games at once. The Serante's flash based Neosd cart only allows 1 game to be loaded at a time.

It's a massive plus for me to have 4 games loaded at a particular time. I have a 4 slot MVS cabinet and thi swill keep everything authentic and original.

maybe a side project taht can interface to the marquee 4 and 6 panel lights?

and high score saves?
That's a good idea and perfectly doable.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to that feature too. :thumbsup: BTW,I did ask that question first before the gentleman, just so you know! ;)
who you calling a gentleman??
are_you_a_gentleman_featured.jpg

Wow lame about these guys making this cart and rushing it out before the darksoft. What a waste, with someone having the skill to make a cart like this its such a shame to release something already being done when that effort could have been used to do a multicart for a new system. And the crazy price gouging sucks.
I as well as anyone who knows anything about darksoft will support DS. (if my bank account can handle it that is)

Also a question for DS. When mame supports the NG DEV TEAM games will your cart? With the crazy prices of their games I (and most people) will never see them until they hit mame.

Where will the pre-orders be posted up? I'd like to get one to snuggle with my CPS2 and CPS3 multis :)

I think that the person with the screen name SNK-NEO-GEO should have the first spot reserved for pre-orders.. It is only logical
I have heard he was selling all of his arcade stuff.

Wow lame about these guys making this cart and rushing it out before the darksoft. What a waste, with someone having the skill to make a cart like this its such a shame to release something already being done when that effort could have been used to do a multicart for a new system. And the crazy price gouging sucks.
I as well as anyone who knows anything about darksoft will support DS. (if my bank account can handle it that is)

Also a question for DS. When mame supports the NG DEV TEAM games will your cart? With the crazy prices of their games I (and most people) will never see them until they hit mame.
That's unfortunately the case. I have been talking with Serantes aka neosd for some time and the guy didn't say a word. He know I was working on this and he just tried to get all the information he could to release his cartridge in rush right before mine. He still hasn't explained who's really behind his cartridge. I'm listening to you guys and I'm openly explaining how things are. I will offer continuous support as usual and you'll get an outstanding product. If someone wants to get a neosd cart, all I can say is... wait till you see mine, then decide. If you've been waiting 20 years, you can wait 2 months :)

About NG DEV TEAM, as I said already, they won't be supported and will actually be blocked as they are the only people making NEW games for this systems. If they decide to go for a licence kind of system, so you can buy a licence from them, then I'll release a new firmware that will allow a certain game to run on one specific cart.

On the good side, if there is competition, I will have to raise the bar and implement all the things that he's doing....and a couple more :)

Back