What's new
I think that the person with the screen name SNK-NEO-GEO should have the first spot reserved for pre-orders.. It is only logical
I have heard he was selling all of his arcade stuff.
only the cabs but he has a BVM 32", NEC 29plus and two stand alone WG, a D9200 and D9800.. I will be using them with Jasen MK30 wireless supergun and RGB:). I did not sell my PCBs, CPS2 boards etc:) I only have one cab left, an L which I am keeping as a dedicated Taito Type X2 cab:)

Some flashing times of the NeoSD cart:

Game Abbreviation UniBios CRC32 SOUND Flash Time
----------------- ------------- ----- ----------
KOF 98 --> 4:02
KOF 99 --> 4:14
KOF 2000 --> 4:30
KOF 2001 --> 3:54
METAL SLUG X (P1 ROM) GOOD 2:58
METAL SLUG 3 --> 4:30
METAL SLUG 4 --> 3:20
SAMURAI SHODOWN 5 --> 4:28
SAMURAI SHODOWN 5SP --> 4:26
GAROU --> 4:38
MATRIMELEE --> 3:55
ROTD --> 4:15
SUPER SIDE KICKS --> 0:34
FATAL FURY 2 --> 0:51
AERO FIGHTERS 2 --> 0:49
ART OF FIGHTING --> 0:46
BLUES JOURNEY --> 0:31
BLAZING STAR --> 2:02
BURNING FIGHT --> 0:27
CROSSED SWORDS 2 --> 0:45
FATAL FURY --> 0:28
GHOSTLOP --> 0:52
IRONCLAD --> 1:38
KOF 94 --> 1:46
LAST BLADE --> 3:07
LAST RESORT --> 0:24
MAGICIAN LORD --> 0:25
METAL SLUG --> 1:42
NAM-1975 --> 0:26
NEO TURF MASTERS --> 1:13
PULSTAR --> 2:01
REAL BOUT FF --> 2:19
SAMURAI SHODOWN --> 1:07
SHOCK TROOPERS --> 2:13
STRIKERS 1945 PLUS --> 3:34
VIEW POINT --> 0:38
WORLD HEROES --> 0:40
WIND JAMMERS --> 0:35

1demfi.jpg

Last edited:
Wow lame about these guys making this cart and rushing it out before the darksoft. What a waste, with someone having the skill to make a cart like this its such a shame to release something already being done when that effort could have been used to do a multicart for a new system. And the crazy price gouging sucks.
I as well as anyone who knows anything about darksoft will support DS. (if my bank account can handle it that is)

Also a question for DS. When mame supports the NG DEV TEAM games will your cart? With the crazy prices of their games I (and most people) will never see them until they hit mame.
That's unfortunately the case. I have been talking with Serantes aka neosd for some time and the guy didn't say a word. He know I was working on this and he just tried to get all the information he could to release his cartridge in rush right before mine. He still hasn't explained who's really behind his cartridge. I'm listening to you guys and I'm openly explaining how things are. I will offer continuous support as usual and you'll get an outstanding product. If someone wants to get a neosd cart, all I can say is... wait till you see mine, then decide. If you've been waiting 20 years, you can wait 2 months :)
About NG DEV TEAM, as I said already, they won't be supported and will actually be blocked as they are the only people making NEW games for this systems. If they decide to go for a licence kind of system, so you can buy a licence from them, then I'll release a new firmware that will allow a certain game to run on one specific cart.

On the good side, if there is competition, I will have to raise the bar and implement all the things that he's doing....and a couple more :)
The question about NG dev is more if they stopped making games and disappeared would you open it up to support their games. Like mame wont put support for recent games until after 5 years or whatever. So in some years when one of their games shows up in mame will you then open up support for it?
Also the licence idea is actually really cool, if they could agree to an affordable price that could be a great solution. As it is now I am not to fond of the very limited runs and high price.

If NGDEV goes out of business and releasing their games is not damaging then yes. The licence idea is completely up to them. Not my call.

But will it play CD conversions and home-brew (Not that I'm good enough at coding to write any)?

But will it play CD conversions and home-brew (Not that I'm good enough at coding to write any)?
yes of course.

We are also implementing the same exact emulation that the original carts are doing, so there won't be ANY feature that NeoSD cart has and we don't. Actually as I said, we plan to go far beyond the performance of that cart as our specifications are more powerful.

gotta ask, will the games pass the unibios CRC checks?
Yes absolutely. If NeoSD can do it, we won't be less..... It's the ONLY feature that this cartridge HAD better than us....

Actually all the features that they will implement we will also have it in our cart, well, except the 4.5 minutes loading for a game :evil: :evil: :evil: and.... razoola telling how nice it is, that we won't have either, even if our cart is better :thumbsup: Just kidding

I came here because of interest in the Neo cart and have picked up a CPS2 setup while I waited. Though I am more of a "lurker", I think for me the fast and thorough responses that I see when users need help on this forum and the professionalism (weird to apply that in conjunction with gaming) makes it not even close.

Yes, you are buying a product, but in a lot of cases you are also buying into the people behind that product and how they or their company operates, and I think that is what separates the two as much if not more than any hardware differences.

So yes, I am happy to wait. :D

send me one for free and I'm also going to tell you how much I love it!

:)

Yes absolutely. If NeoSD can do it, we won't be less..... It's the ONLY feature that this cartridge HAD better than us....
Actually all the features that they will implement we will also have it in our cart, well, except the 4.5 minutes loading for a game :evil: :evil: :evil: and.... razoola telling how nice it is, that we won't have either, even if our cart is better :thumbsup: Just kidding
I've been lurking on this forum since the beginning. It's awesome that your cart is close to being done. And it's also awesome that we're looking at TWO Neo flash carts on the market. I'm eagerly awaiting both options to be available before I make a decision. (but I'll admit some bias towards Darksoft's cart)

It's a great time to be a Neo Geo owner. :D

Well, I for one would just like to say that I will be buying Darksoft's Neo Geo Multi FOR SURE as soon as it's released.

No matter what anyone else has to offer.

"Darksoft For Life"

:D

Sorry if I'm a little ignorant on this, but does this mean the cart will play the encrypted games like MOTW without the need for a patch?

Are there any videos of the project?
I'm super interested in this especially for the AES console. I just noticed there is another place making a MVS cart. Maybe better to make the AES cart first?

I think I would rather the one from Darksoft because of load times.

Darksoft are there any videos of your project in action? I know you mentioned they were incoming but I haven't seem anything, thanks for all your hard work dude!

NeoSD just gained exposure on Pat's podcast. That's actually how I found out about it and returned here to see what folks are saying. I tweeted Pat to let him know of this. Not sure if he'll read it or follow up his video. I tried.

Last edited:
Back