What's new
Want To Buy

Mugicha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UGHHHHH

So I just had Skate take a look at my netboot setup and my shit is totally fucked. Need a new netdimm, and perhaps a new CF setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thx guys

Totally fucked in what way?
Skate sent me some zero pics to try for netbooting and cf. I tried em both, and still got errors and black screens, so I sent him my netdimm and CF to test

this was the his diagnosis:

skate323k137 said:
Looking like the DIMM. I took the Netboot PIC I sent you and put it in one of my dimms, it works fine. On your dimm I get error 33 / gateway not found :(
I even hooked up serial debugging http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Naomi_DIMM_board_and_GD-ROM#DIMM_board_serial_interface
Everything outputted to the console matches that wiki, and the CRC check comes back good too.
and this was his test of the CF:

skate323k137 said:
I can't get your CF reader working at all, even on my own working DIMM boards. Diagnostic shows GDROM disabled no matter what I do, and I get GD-ROM DRIVE NOT FOUND (err 25). The only thing you could try that I can't is a new SCSI cable (I don't have a spare laying around).
;(

I took a good hour or two testing Mugi's hardware. I couldn't really get any sign of life out of the CF reader even after being sure the splitter cable had good voltage and trying a couple of my own good DIMM boards.

The dimm itself is probably suffering from (at least) bad connections between the main and option board. I cleaned the pins, re-seated, but to no avail. The connectors are clean and all look fine, but even with a good PIC, it still kept getting error 33 in netboot mode as if no PIC was inserted.

Here's the serial console output with the jumpers in GD-ROM mode and the CF reader hooked up; it still shows ethernet being enabled and GD-ROM disabled.

CF_serial.jpg

Here's the netboot output: identical to my DIMM that works and doesn't crash with error 33

netboot_serial.jpg

Anyway, someone hook this dude up with a working DIMM at least.

I might be able to hook you up, I gotta see how many I have, but I am sure I have a spare. I will check and let you know this weekend, gotta get it from my storage unit. Man I gotta start taking better inventory of the stuff in storage.

I appreciate it D, I'm not in a hurry, I just didn't see any on Ebay

Sorry Bro, been so busy with work and I got bushwacked this past weekend. I will go to storage this weekend and pick it up. You want net only or Net and GD-ROM connections?

It's ok man I totally understand about work, I didn't want to hound ya about it. Just the net connection would be fine. thanks again D.

Back