What's new
Want To Buy

c1v1ta

Student
Reaction score
Any group buys coming up? I live in California and am curious if anyone has any connections or knows of any shipments coming in.
Thanks

bummer. i keep hearing of old arcades in japan going out of business, surely there's some supply left

bummer. i keep hearing of old arcades in japan going out of business, surely there's some supply left
there's plenty of supply. containers are very expensive still. There's not many people who know how to do the tech work to get them ready for sale, or want to do it. If you do a group buy, even on a forum like this where everyone is technical, and everyone gets broken beat up machines that don't work... there will be shame and stigma attached to you.

it's a very big investment/gamble and in order to profit correctly you unfortunately have to sell the cabs at near market price even though you're doing a group buy.

there's plenty of supply. containers are very expensive still. There's not many people who know how to do the tech work to get them ready for sale, or want to do it. If you do a group buy, even on a forum like this where everyone is technical, and everyone gets broken beat up machines that don't work... there will be shame and stigma attached to you.

it's a very big investment/gamble and in order to profit correctly you unfortunately have to sell the cabs at near market price even though you're doing a group buy.
Awesome analysis, thank you for pulling the threads together. Risk = huge, rewards = marginal. I can see why no-one wants to be the frontman for this right now.

totally makes sense. so, any tips on where to get them, then?

since you're in California, pay a visit in person to KC's warehouse. no idea how to contact him since he was banned from here and I don't have FB, but I'm sure someone else has his number or something. as long as you inspect it in person you'll be fine, just don't try to have him ship something to you

I've worked with him before and will never work with him again (but I do appreciate the suggestion, thank you)

Then just wait for a collector who's willing to sell their cab at a premium price that is local or maybe you'll get lucky and find something on offerup at a market price.

KC is the only person on the West Coast who actively sells crt candy cabs and moves them in bulk.

I see you are in sac, you missed a few locally by a few months, just wait around I guess.

Ah damn! Where should I keep an eye open for these? Any place I can go to get notified?

Cruise here, Facebook marketplace, craigslist… everyday. You’re on the west coast US. The only other place that they are more common is in Japan.

Truth, there should be no problems finding what you need in Cali. Avoid a dude/group called Overcome they're scammers

Avoid a dude/group called Overcome they're scammers

His name is Angel, correct? I never received some things from overcomearcadeparts on ebay. Maybe there should be a thread about that so it will warn others in SEO/search about them so they don't get burned + ghosted.

Yeah he misrepresented an Aero he sold me which came missing some important parts and a truly fucked chassis. He just ghosted afterwards. I got it fixed up real nice and love it now, but I paid non-project money for a big project. Other people have worse stories about buying cabs and not getting anything at all

EDIT: Also, I think it's not one guy. During my dealings I spoke to a few different "voices" using the same account. One was fluent, one barely spoke english, etc.

Back