What's new
I wonder if the pannel is mounted slightly off in the cradle during assembly?anyways il wait to see what they say and update.

I wanted to keep it og and this is taito upgrade monitor.
Then you did the right thing, just have to work with the limitations of the device.

I found many of Taito's choices when it came to the design of the Vewlix strange...
I had to remember it was designed to do something very specific (work with X systems) and that's basically it.
They won't let you control the aspect ratio of digital input, because in Taito's world "why would you ever need to, the X outputs 16:9".

We are doing something different, against its intended design...
Thus for best results, once you start down a non-standard path it best to just go balls-to-the-wall (or stick to its use as defined by Taito and use only OG hardware).
The mix will get ya (ie use official hardware for unofficial/unintended things).

I'll look for the email I got from Taito Parts Direct/Yugo when I complained about the official JVS IO not properly supporting Naomi.
Its hysterical the way he worded it (maybe because of Japanese to English) but he basically said "this device isn't sold to support SEGA products" :D

I of course didn't reply, with the idea that I might like some future biz with Taito...
My first impulse however would have been to say "dude JVS is a SPECFICATION, it has NOTHING to do with SEGA only in that they also use it, get with the program tard or call it something else because its NOT JVS unless it supports ALL JVS standards, don't argue with me".

Last edited by a moderator:
@ddshot Did you get any info/ update?
My monitor arrived on saturday and I was able to install it yesterday. I have it hooked up with a TTX3 via DVI and everything is perfectly aligned.
Same for PS4 with HDMI. However said functions are greyed out as well.

If one of you guys opens up and takes some pic of the controller board it might help to identify the maker and possibly any firmware that might lead to unlocked controls/features, etc.

I found that the DiSign monitor's controller, the maker is SIDisplay
http://sidisp.co.kr/page/?pid=lcdcontroller

Im gonna try reaching out, but I doubt Ill get far :D

Glad your monitor is ok 👍 No update,I’m getting concerned looks like I have a faulty monitor!i tryed with a few sources including ps4 and still the same.I’m hoping to hear some solution soon!they menus are locked out on purpose which is a little ridiculous for a industrial monitor!i doubt there is any secret menu access like on a blast.at this piont changing the monitor or a refund is looking the likely solution.I giving time to all involved to resolve the issue as I trust them and good,honest people.hopefully that trust I’m not misplaced.

If one of you guys opens up and takes some pic of the controller board it might help to identify the maker and possibly any firmware that might lead to unlocked controls/features, etc.

Yeah can do after I get home from work Il take some pics👍

Glad your monitor is ok 👍 No update,I’m getting concerned looks like I have a faulty monitor!i tryed with a few sources including ps4 and still the same.I’m hoping to hear some solution soon!they menus are locked out on purpose which is a little ridiculous for a industrial monitor!i doubt there is any secret menu access like on a blast.at this piont changing the monitor or a refund is looking the likely solution.I giving time to all involved to resolve the issue as I trust them and good,honest people.hopefully that trust I’m not misplaced.
Man really sorry for you. What a bummer. I was in a bit of a shock moment too as the monitor arrived in horrible packaging and also has a small dump on the underside. I was really p***** for a minute but then considered myself lucky as this bump could have been worse or even on the screen itself.
You won't see it when in installed, only if you know it's there.

This is how the packaging looked. It came without a pallet and only had some foam around the edges of the monitor.
What you can't see on this picture is that the cardboard was nearly broke on the bottom and the whole monitor would have slipped right out
IMG_5445.JPG
IMG_5444.JPG

Here is the bump/ scratch
IMG_5446.JPG

and here it's how it looks installed on my F. There is a slight bend but luckily the powdercoat didn't come off
InkedIMG_5459_LI.jpg

Thanks Derick. ATM I am fine and don't really need the extra Options in the Menu so de-installing the monitor and opening it up is not really a road I want to go atm.
It would be nice to access the other features, By the way here is a pic of the Menu. It's barely visible so I highlighted the features that are unavailable:
InkedIMG_5462_LI.jpg

Still sucks that it got nicked there, but it could have been worse. Weren't these supposed to have shipped with extra protection?

Yeah my box was pretty much the same,but had no visible damage was lucky in that sense,but yeah that still sucks it got nicked

Still sucks that it got nicked there, but it could have been worse. Weren't these supposed to have shipped with extra protection?
Well Taito sent them directly from Japan to customers in EU. I decided to have mine shipped to Belgium together with the one of the initiator of the purchase.
I did so to be sure to avoid additional taxes at customs. So the guy from Belgium sent it over to Germany then while others such as ddshot received theirs directly from Taito.
I was thinking that maybe the monitors arrived in Belgium on a pallet and only to Germany he sent without it but if ddhot's arrived in the UK in same condition it's a wonder
they survived the full way from some Taito Warehouses in Japan all the way to Europe

here is a pic of the Menu. It's barely visible so I highlighted the features that are unavailable
They should be available via analog/VGA connection, but NOT digital.
Remember, Taito expects you to connect X systems via VGA NOT HDMI/DVI.

From the official manual...
FZn0Cwf.png

DVI-to-VGA adapter, please... Clearly they have no idea what they are f'n doing. ;)

The thing that bugs me the most is that it auto stretches certain content and you have no choice to undo it, I still gotta use my DVDO VP50 for certain games/systems.

I still gotta use my DVDO VP50 for certain games/systems.
I sold my DVDO once I got off these gawd aweful Taito LCDs. :D
That LG replacement is freak'n awesome! Supports Retrotink 5x's 1440p mode in framelock, my 4k OLED can't even do that (needs framebuffer).

Here is the DiSign monitor controller board I was trying to see about firmware stuff
Never found any info on these
1649949198537.png

1649949213568.png
2022-04-14_11-09-10.jpg

1649949310591.png
1649949324944.png
This is not the same monitor, your pictures are from the monitor equipping the Vewlix DIA Black cabinets.
The new monitors are Alpha Display monitors with model number APD-A3204-ONEA-T1A.

This is not the same monitor, your pictures are from the monitor equipping the Vewlix DIA Black cabinets.
The new monitors are Alpha Display monitors with model number APD-A3204-ONEA-T1A.
Yes, we know this. That is why I asked anyone with the newer monitors to check what boards theirs has if they care to open it. I want to see if Taito is still using these old boards in their monitors. The one in the DiSign one dates back to an official design date of 2014 or something like that. Not that it would be worth it, but I wish there was an open-source controller for these monitors available. But ultimately I might be going the route of an aftermarket monitor and bracket. Don't get me wrong taitos monitors are of course 100% on point for the systems they are meant to run on.

Last edited:
I use it with exA-Arcadia (HDMI - 1080p) and it looks fantastic. I saw @DragonMinded running a NAOMI inside and the picture was not stretched. I think that Taito started to offer these monitors in 2020, they are clearly one step above the previous ones. It's probably not the same board, as this one has an HDMI port in addition to the DVI and VGA ports. The brand is different too. But who knows...

Yup, thats why I want to see if its the from the same controller manufacturer and its just the other model they have that has DVI, HDMI and VGA.
Here the contoller boards they make, the DiSign monitors have the SID1 so I wonder if these newer monitors have the SID3H

1650512428434.png

Back