What's new

ddshot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,I recently picked up a new taito monitor the one with the hdmi port,the vertical positioning is off slightly and needs adjusting the problem is the position option is locked out I’ve had a look throughout the menus but still no joy.any ideas am I missing something?

Hi,I recently picked up a new taito monitor the one with the hdmi port,the vertical positioning is off slightly and needs adjusting the problem is the position option is locked out I’ve had a look throughout the menus but still no joy.any ideas am I missing something?
Which monitor did you get? One of Nomax's group order?

Which connection are you using? Is it on everything that you hook up to it? What make/model number is the monitor?

Model is APD-A3204-CNEA-T1A I’m using dvi but also tryed with hdmi but it’s the same.it’s not much maybe 3-5mm but I noticed it straight away,if I can access the position menu hopfully I can move it slightly,but seems the factory locked it out after factory setup,or am just being dumb

Yup, I think those are new ones from that group sale or that taito now uses. Its probably locked, they do silly things like that sometimes or it might have to do with the EDID.

damn, waiting for mine to arrive from the same group buy. What did you hook up? Which resulution? Can you share pictures?

If it is locked is it possible to unlock without violating any warranty etc?a issue with edid would mean the monitor is faulty?

does holding "Down" button followed by "Menu" Button give you any hidden Options like on the old Sanwa Monitors?

If it is locked is it possible to unlock without violating any warranty etc?a issue with edid would mean the monitor is faulty?
Probably not, but then again Im sure there's no warranty on these. EDID wouldn't really be faulty, just that sometimes the source & monitor dont communicate properly, so weird stuff happens.

Most likely its that the setting is locked in the firmware.

can you hook up Analog VGA and check if Autoadjust or Position Option becomes available?

I tried getting to one of the controller boards on these and couldn't find any info on them to see if the firmware could be updated or hacked to unlock settings, etc...but yeah didn't get too far :D I wanted to make it so it didn't automatically stretch the image.

I did warn people in that very group-buy/thread that these (new new Taito LCD) are trash next to real PC gaming monitors and cost waaaay too much for what they are.
It seems some folks just need to make their own mistakes, no sympathy.
Ehm, well I personally did not receive a warning letter from you :)
And even I can agree that they are ridiculously expensive there is more to take into consideration:
- It's a flush Monitor Swap (well it should be)
-Hadouken is sold out on his Mounts and prize of the mount plus shipping to EU is also Waay too expensive. So if you want a clean installation you automatically start to handcraft
- In EU we have 240V so a 3rd party monitor purchased here would need to be powered from externally, getting one which is 110V and powers from inside the Cab is much cleaner
- you have a Breakout OSD Board and everything stays original and clean...

So even though I get your point I don't think the term "trash" is an objective description and I also don't understand your aggressiveness.
Hopefully I won't change my mind after my monitor arrives though. peace

Try a different source, hook up a PC and see what you get.

Mine used to stretch 480p content front the naomi but not from a PC, so yeah, weird stuff

Probably not, but then again Im sure there's no warranty on these. EDID wouldn't really be faulty, just that sometimes the source & monitor dont communicate properly, so weird stuff happens.

Most likely its that the setting is locked in the firmware.
So looks like adjusting it is not possible?im not going to be very happy.il wait to hear back from taito etc hopfully there a solution

Here is the DiSign monitor controller board I was trying to see about firmware stuff
Never found any info on these
1649949198537.png

1649949213568.png
2022-04-14_11-09-10.jpg

1649949310591.png
1649949324944.png

Ehm, well I personally did not receive a warning letter from you :)
And even I can agree that they are ridiculously expensive there is more to take into consideration:
- It's a flush Monitor Swap (well it should be)
-Hadouken is sold out on his Mounts and prize of the mount plus shipping to EU is also Waay too expensive. So if you want a clean installation you automatically start to handcraft
- In EU we have 240V so a 3rd party monitor purchased here would need to be powered from externally, getting one which is 110V and powers from inside the Cab is much cleaner
- you have a Breakout OSD Board and everything stays original and clean...

So even though I get your point I don't think the term "trash" is an objective description and I also don't understand your aggressiveness.
Hopefully I won't change my mind after my monitor arrives though. peace
I wanted to keep it og and this is taito upgrade monitor.

Back