What's new
Want To Buy
most of them I've found are very uh... fan servicey but a lot of them also allow you to turn off that aspect in the options.

I've heard the Taissen Hot Gimmic series is really good and if you have the "Mix Party" version on Taito Type X that game is basically a re-release of Hot Gimmic 1-4. and then of course Hot Gimmick 5 is also on Type X.

I think the reason you don't see harnesses is because mahjjong cabs are probably upgraded/changed... To mahjjong

The harness stays where it is and a new mahjjong game is installed with a new panel if required but I'd say it's far less likely that a mahjjong would be converted completely away

As you said, plenty of mahjjong games, it's certainly popular

Small bump, now hunting

Police trainer 2
Brezzasoft Crystal system motherboard
Ibara normal

Added wtb Strider 2 and Battle Tryst.
Does Fighting Bujutsu exist?
Plenty to trade!
Still need some police trainer 2 / voyager pieces too.

Last edited:
Does Fighting Bujutsu exist?

Still need some police trainer 2 / voyager pieces too.
Bujutsu definitely exists (the game wouldn't be dumped in MAME if it didn't).

Police Trainer 2 and Voyager...I mentioned in a different thread. I have suspicion about the Mega Jamma I/O board it uses. I hope you have plans to take a look at the CPLD on that I/O board.

Police Trainer 2 and Voyager...I mentioned in a different thread. I have suspicion about the Mega Jamma I/O board it uses. I hope you have plans to take a look at the CPLD on that I/O board.
that’s just me being short I guess. I know it’s in mame, but being more clear - is it obtainable?

Also it’s predecessor is indeed undumped so we could say, does this exist? https://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Fighting_Wushu

Anyway I don’t have any plans for the cpld. I do have a mega jamma board already, what would you have me do with it?

that’s just me being short I guess. I know it’s in mame, but being more clear - is it obtainable?
Also it’s predecessor is indeed undumped so we could say, does this exist? https://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Fighting_Wushu

Anyway I don’t have any plans for the cpld. I do have a mega jamma board already, what would you have me do with it?
Fighting Bujutsu and Wu Shu 2nd are the same game...literally (at least on the hard drive). The region is determined by the timekeeper. Mame currently has it set for JAA. If you change the "J" to "U" in the source code, it will boot as the U.S. "Bujutsu" version. The driver itself is a complete mess relying on unnecessary hacks (Racing Jam DX skips the network check?).

The Mega Jamma board is the I/O board I was referring to. I wanted you to somehow "reverse engineer" the CPLD but I don't know if that is possible even with a logic analyzer.

I don’t have the tools or knowledge to reverse the cpld. Know anyone who does?

Added wtb an Atari/midway Vegas system metal cage. One from Gauntlet Legends etc.

Also heads up to those following, I might be selling another round of stuff that has been collecting dust.

Added wtb an Atari/midway Vegas system metal cage. One from Gauntlet Legends etc.
did you happen to see the one that sold on YAJ this morning? went cheap too, full PCB setup with cage for like $60 IIRC

did you happen to see the one that sold on YAJ this morning? went cheap too, full PCB setup with cage for like $60 IIRC
I did. Almost bid too since it was listed as junk! Probably 2 of the 3 pcbs work and I have enough spares to figure it out. Hell, might just be a bad hdd. But honestly I don’t need extras and 60 plus shipping a large cage twice felt like it was gonna be expensive. It’s also a game that had a ton of distribution in the USA so ultimately I thought I’d just post here (probably KLOV too) and see.

Did it ever have a cage in the USA? I thought that was only with the JP distribution.

Just a big metal plate:
gauntletboardincab.jpg

maybe there are some caged ones state-side but I've never seen one pop up, I've only ever seen them caged in Japan though.

honestly that cage looked like it was 4x the size of the PCB and I'd suspect, in typical Atari fashion it probably doesn't fit well in anything other than a dedicated cab.

I’d take a plate then. But you have a point, maybe I’d be better off doing a custom wood or acrylic since I use ssd anyway. I just keep these great games boxed up all the time because setup is a pain and they don’t fit inside the cab well

hi :

Whats the hoing rate for a jackie chan pcb ? either one?

regards
euphoria
:)

Whats the hoing rate for a jackie chan pcb ? either one?
The last time I saw one on YAJ it sold in the $500 range I think. It was Yahoo Auction ID g247001904 in December of 2017, and I do have an email where I got out-bid at $350, but I don't have a way to see what it actually sold for. Maybe with that ID you can find a way to see the selling price.

I was lucky to find one that needed repair, from a private seller, through a friendly forum member.

hi : ekorz

thanks just looking for a price reference.

regards
euphoria
:)

Updated 1st post with a bunch of stupid rare fighters that I don't expect to actually find. But I do feel like somewhere out there is an IGS Fearless Pinocchio that my kid might enjoy. Seems like the kind of thing Chuck E Cheese probably stocked, then threw away into a junk heap after a few years. Anyone got a lead on one of those, lemme know!

Man, some of your highlights are nice... I might a few of your wanted (none of the super rare stuff), interested in any trades?

Jackie Chan, Rabbit, Metamoqester, Battle Tryst, Batsugun, Fighting Bujutsu

Back