What's new
@Derick2k Could you change my pre-order to 2 units, instead of 1?

I got a spare board that I'd like to throw a 2nd kit onto. Thanks!

The question I have is what about the games that shipped with a 10mhz crystal?
I believe we've sucessfully identified at least one that plays incorrectly when run on a 12mhz board.
So while 12mhz is going to be the most compatible, will it work with everything CPS1 (I'm guessing no, not without the ability to downclock)?

Remember, to someone like me it isn't enough that the games run... They must also run at 100% the correct speeds.
If GnG is too fast/off by a frame I'll know/feel it, and I will be disappointed/sad (GnG was originally a 10mhz game).

Last edited by a moderator:
The question I have is what about the games that shipped with a 10mhz crystal?
I believe we've sucessfully identified at least one that plays incorrectly when run on a 12mhz board.
So while 12mhz is going to be the most compatible, will it work with everything CPS1 (I'm guessing no, not without the ability to downclock)?

Remember, to someone like me it isn't enough that the games run... They must also run at 100% the correct speeds.
If GnG is too fast/off by a frame I'll know/feel it, and I will be disappointed/sad (GnG was originally a 10mhz game).
Agree, but I believe those games had a 12mhz version, that would clearly be the one to load. Not sure about the few that had only a 10mhz version.

but I believe those games had a 12mhz version
Yes I believe that is correct, the GnG released for the CPS Changer ran on a 12mhz crystal for example.
I just have my doubts that we won't have some speed inaccuracies, and I think that is important to recognize.

Carrier Air Wing, Final Fight and possibly Strider as far as I know were only released on 10mhz - so I understand your concern.

My understanding is and @Apocalypse may have mentioned this earlier that other than I want to say Carrier Air Wing they had code to run on either without speedup.

I believe he also mentioned that there was a solution to the issue built into the multi kit somehow

Pics or get out.
Well you would/should know... I thought it was, but if you are saying it wasn't I'd go with that. ;)

*Update* Did some looking around and yup, GnG/Strider were never released for CPS Changer.
A mail order catalog from back in the day listed "the Punisher" as coming soon for the system (that of course never happened).

In all my years of Capcom fanboying, I've never seen a GnG changer cart, so that was both curiousity and snark :)
-ud

Hello all, very excited with this project.
I’ll take one count me in please

Carrier Air Wing, Final Fight and possibly Strider as far as I know were only released on 10mhz - so I understand your concern.

My understanding is and @Apocalypse may have mentioned this earlier that other than I want to say Carrier Air Wing they had code to run on either without speedup.

I believe he also mentioned that there was a solution to the issue built into the multi kit somehow
don’t forget the resale versions. I own a strider resale and it is coupled with a dash A-board

don’t forget the resale versions. I own a strider resale and it is coupled with a dash A-board
Yep resale versions all come with a dash motherboard.
They are also probably the most counterfeited games (conversions passed as originals, due to those versions using EPROMs only it's easy to print fake labels and engrave the PAL).

Area 88 also have strange movements (slow movements) if it's not loaded on a proper A board ... i try this a long board 88617A-7b with 12mHz (run slow) / run fine on 89626A-4 board with 12mHz...

So i have a 12mhz crystal coming for my SF2 WW board. Should i wait to install it until this project is farther along?

Since I don't know if it will be better a board with 10mhz or 12mhz crystal today I've recapped a 10mhz and a 12mhz board :D . I miss only the 2200uF caps..
I should be ready :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_20190302_174529_482.jpg
    IMG_20190302_174529_482.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 90
Since I don't know if it will be better a board with 10mhz or 12mhz clock
Well we already know a 12mhz A-board will be more useful, that wasn't being debated by me/anyone really.
What I was saying is for the few games that didn't release on 12mhz...
Carrier Air Wing, Final Fight and possibly Strider as far as I know were only released on 10mhz
Will we have a software solution provided by the multi?
Also wasn't Nemo only 10mhz?

Well we already know a 12mhz A-board will be more useful, that wasn't being debated by me/anyone really.What I was saying is for the few games that didn't release on 12mhz...
I know that a 12mhz will be more useful (at the moment), what I meant is that if a A board will be necessary for the games that are not suitable on the 12mhz boards, I'm ready.
But I think that apocalypse and darksoft will come out with an universal solution for sure.

Is this where we put down that we would like to preorder. I definitely would like to get one.

Back