What's new
Well we're not here to fuck spiders....
hi : nice multi yes!!!
:whistling: and how exactly do you do that ?

is it to the theme of spiderman and andomen, thorax & head ?

or is it put your left foot in, put your left foot out, do the spider hokey pokey amd turn yourself around .................,

regards
euphoria
:)
I'm not sure. The spiders here aren't large enough to identify orifices.

E2C6B1A5-A950-41E4-BAF4-FE4950A28CA1.jpeg

Actually, I prefer the Irukandji

Irukandji jellyfish is a blanket term for several of the most venomous box jellyfish species on the planet. Their venom is 100 times more potent than that of a cobra, and you’ll definitely feel it.

Initially, the sting is relatively mild – like a mosquito bite. But after about 30 minutes, you’ll want to make your way to the nearest hospital so you can be heavily medicated for the next 12 hellacious hours.
The minuscule amount of venom released from the jelly’s stingers induces excruciating muscle cramps in the limbs, severe back pain, horrendous headaches, relentless nausea and vomiting, a burning sensation in the skin, and cardiac complications, among other symptoms — collectively known as Irukandji syndrome. And, as if that weren’t bad enough, it also triggers a dreadful feeling of anxiety and a sense of impending doom.

Australian biologist Lisa Gershwin told ABC radio, “Patients believe they’re going to die and they’re so certain of it that they’ll actually beg their doctors to kill them just to get it over with.”

She went on, “It gives you incredible lower back pain that you would think of as similar to an electric drill drilling into your back. It gives you relentless nausea and vomiting. How does vomiting every minute to two minutes for up to 12 hours sound? Incredible. It gives waves of full body cramps, profuse sweating … the nurses have to wring out the bed sheets every 15 minutes. It gives you very great difficulty in breathing where you just feel like you can’t catch your breath. It gives you this weird muscular restlessness so you can’t stop moving but every time you move it hurts.”
Yikes.
Thankfully, with medical intervention, it’s rare for sting victims to actually die. You’ll just feel like you want to.

Yeah they must be pretty hardy to survive knife attacks from the spiders.

I'm interested. Please add me to this list

Also, probably not the best place to ask, but where would I go about buying a CPS2 kit as well? Are these still in production, or do I need to go looking for a reseller?

Also, probably not the best place to ask, but where would I go about buying a CPS2 kit as well? Are these still in production, or do I need to go looking for a reseller?
About CPS2 kit ... you can purchase the kit from 2 places only [1 from United States (here - High Score Saves) and 1 from Europe/Italy (here - Save Your Games)]

Nooooo, let’s get this train back on the tracks!

So are the long boards not a good choice for this multi? I vaguely remember someone mentioning theirs not a great candidate to multi.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning theirs not a great candidate to multi.
They will work just fine... But yea longboards are the suckiest of all CPS1 A boards.
The best being the Dash/12mhz crystal.

Long was the first version, so they clearly improved the design over time.
I purged out my 10mhz longboards and replaced them with 10mhz shorts (heh how many people have a short Final Fight aside from me).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a technical reason why they are not a good candidate? Or is just size?

Functionally can you just change out the 10mhz crystal to a 12mhz crystal on a longboard and have the same horsepower a Dash board has?

Is there a technical reason why they are not a good candidate? Or is just size?

Functionally can you just change out the 10mhz crystal to a 12mhz crystal on a longboard and have the same horsepower a Dash board has?
yeah I upgraded my HF shortboard to 12mhz with a simple crystal swap.
I’ve got a US Navy that I’m planning to use as a Multi, it’s on the long board that I was going to upgrade the crystal.

A longboard with a 12mhz crystal? Hehe, gross man. :P
Yea it "works" but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night such an abomination in my collection.
I won't even convert shorts to 12mhz, Dashes all day baby (and SF2:CE is a perfect candidate for conversions).

Knights of the Round conversion made from a CE
fKr8PRK.jpg

Captain Commando conversion made from a CE
L2qF1su.jpg

Ghouls and Ghosts conversion made from a CE (C board removed)
9HoqOBi.jpg

A longboard with a 12mhz crystal? Hehe, gross man. :P
Yea it "works" but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night such an abomination in my collection.
I won't even convert shorts to 12mhz, Dashes all day baby (and SF2:CE is a perfect candidate for conversions).

Knights of the Round conversion made from a CE
fKr8PRK.jpg

Captain Commando conversion made from a CE
L2qF1su.jpg

Ghouls and Ghosts conversion made from a CE (C board removed)
9HoqOBi.jpg
I have 2 "dash" A boards ... 1 long and 1 short.

I have 2 "dash" A boards ... 1 long and 1 short.
Far as I'm aware... Not possible unless by some after market modification.
Lets ask @undamned just to be sure (he is a CPS1 expert).

What I believed to be true about A boards...
  • First version released was the long, it only came in 10mhz.
  • Next version released was the short, it only came in 10mhz.
prPazxF.jpg

• Final version released was the dash, it has the same footprint as the short but with 12mhz crystal.
zcP22n7.jpg

• While not a CPS1 technically, the CPS1.5 is basically a dash board including Q-sound.

That's cool. Personal preference aside, I'm just wondering from a technical standpoint if there is a performance difference other than the 12mhz vs 10mhz crystal. I know the argument of DASH games running slightly slower on the 10mhz (whether it be more slowdowns during explosions or slightly slower game speed)

If you upgrade a 10mhz long board to a 12mhz crystal, is it functionally the same as a short Dash board? (Personal opinions not withstanding)

Back