What's new
For Sale

garou81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sanwa pfx monitor: Purchased the tube about 2 years ago from a reputable guy who claimed he bought the monitor new in 2015 sold the chassis. Tube looks new no smoke or burn in of any sort. Geometry darn near perftect. The chassis is just a 2nd hand chassis no issues. probably put about 150 -250 hours on the tube. 700.00 OBO
IMG_4153.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4148.jpg

Sega Blast city Monitor : nanao 2930 Blast monitor with 18wheeler burn The 2930's been pretty reliable for me. same old blast convergence issues. 600.00 *SOLD*
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg

Frankenstein Monitor. NANAO PFX BLAST!! HItachi nanao ms9 tube with pfx chassis. The curve of this tube actually fits pretty well in the blast city. pics to come tube has some insert credit burn pretty clean no scratches 500.00
IMG_4097.jpg

Last edited:
@garou81 - Hey boss, good luck with the sale!
Any info you can provide on how that frankenstein was put together, would be greatly greatly appreciated.

@garou81 - Hey boss, good luck with the sale!
Any info you can provide on how that frankenstein was put together, would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Im not using the pfx yoke. The ms9 yoke just happens to work with pfx's , its a straight drop in. No squeeling or buzzing.
Im not a monitor guru I have a friend who has a friend who is and he told me this worked, I tried it and it did. Looking at the yoke specs i wouldnt think it would work becuase I was told that the inductance needed to match but it works.

Im not using the pfx yoke. The ms9 yoke just happens to work with pfx's , its a straight drop in. No squeeling or buzzing.
Im not a monitor guru I have a friend who has a friend who is and he told me this worked, I tried it and it did. Looking at the yoke specs i wouldnt think it would work becuase I was told that the inductance needed to match but it works.
As I have both PFX and MS9 sitting in the house, I'll have to check those specs, and take a further peek.
Very interesting though, and worth notating for reference in the future.

Both chassis expect 0.300mH horizontal (or close to), so yes, they will work. Connectors are the same too.

For horizontal? I would say 10-15%. Any more than that and you'll have issues with the horizontal adjustment not giving you enough leeway. Much more than that and you'll start blowing components.

Back