What's new
It's been a long time, but in theory, my Vewlix L from KC arrives tomorrow via STI freight. Fingers and toes are crossed that the 1100 mile drive from LA to Seattle was kind to the cabinet.

KC used FedEx for mines..he places the cab on top of the pallet on a secure line of wood (it is a kind off a specialized pallet) and then straps the cab down with secures lines, covers the cab with cardboards and put a paper where the LCD is, label LCD, then cover the cab with plastic.. The only way for the shipping people to mess up the cab is if they "accidentally" flip the pallet or/and fork lift into the pallet.. The cab is secure as Fuc*..

Cabinet arrived! Pics at this thread: Vewlix L Restoration

Got the locks and keys, and even a 100 Yen coin! This thing is FILTHY FILTHY DIRTY. Will start cleaning it tonight. It powers up OK and the monitor looks good. The stickers on the sides look in great shape.

As a bonus, I got a plexi marquee holder (with inkjet printed Tekken marquee). The holder is in OK shape (has some scratches and a chip in it). I don't really need this and may be letting it go later.

Also, the CP has an RFID reader in it which I did not expect. I just wanted a damn black plastic cover, but whatever. I may let this go later too if anyone is interested.

KC shipped this with the CP in the upright position with cardboard corners and cardboard over the screen. STI was SLOW but were careful with it. It was wrapped in blankets in the truck.

All in all, pretty darn happy with it and thumbs up to KC on coming through with this.

Also, the CP has an RFID reader in it which I did not expect. I just wanted a damn black plastic cover, but whatever. I may let this go later too if anyone is interested.
I will buy/trade you for the RFID and the fast io card if the CP has it. I have an USF4 X3 that needs those.

Congrats on the cab again, looks great. The vewlix cabs are really easy to clean, just take your time taking in apart so you know where everything goes. Also, the manual is very helpful.

I have a damm black plastic that I can trade you for the card reader and fast I/O. If things do not work out with Derick:)

I will buy/trade you for the RFID and the fast io card if the CP has it. I have an USF4 X3 that needs those.
Congrats on the cab again, looks great. The vewlix cabs are really easy to clean, just take your time taking in apart so you know where everything goes. Also, the manual is very helpful.
Yeah, it appears to have some sort of PCB in the CP under the RFID reader. I'll investigate later and get back to you all.

First time customer. Language barrier can be frustrating but communication was prompt. KC got it shipped out within a couple days of payment, but STI took their sweet time delivering (3 weeks). Would buy from KC again. Very stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_5007_.jpg
    IMG_5007_.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 118
Just got a nice new net city from KC. Beautiful original monitor like he promised.

I just got an Initial D single cab from KC. Works awesome and is in really good shape. Super fair deal and shipping was fast and fair. I would definitely buy from him again in the future.

Last edited:
Back