What's new
I don't Facebook but I hope it wasn't this cab lol

neo19.png
Nah, thats that Kaneda/Chris douche guy that wanted to sabotage the sale though.

I don’t understand it, why would you put an LCD on those cabs? What makes a cab is the CRT and not the cab itself.

I don’t understand it, why would you put an LCD on those cabs? What makes a cab is the CRT and not the cab itself.
Well if you have to/have no choice or want to deal with it, sometimes it cant be helped, and will do in a pinch until you get a tube. I have an LCD on standby in case my tube/chassis blows up on the Cute.

What would be more desirable to get would be a reconfigurable new/modern chassis replacement, that could be made to work with the different tubes from TVs still out there. And as I type this Im also searching for another tube/chassis to have a spare in case :)

Oh man, here I am googling Neo19 to have a look at how the bezel works with the screen and look who's showing up in my google image searches. No wonder that cab was listed for a stupid price. There's never been a community this guy has tried to join that didn't want to kick him to curb for a reason.

Collecting cabs meant for children is very on brand though.

maxresdefault-4.jpg

I won’t kick him for wanting them or collecting them, nor will I kick him for what he chooses to put his money into, but I WILL kick him for his attitude towards others for it, the way he strongarms sales his way with money, posts tasteless things like the eBay auction to draw attention to himself, singlehandedly drives up the price of these cabs several thousand higher than what the market value SHOULD be, and gates out every single other prospective owner of them, on top of being a miserable person to interact with and not contributing back at all. He exhibits no care for others in his quest, so naturally he’s not liked or wanted around. I won’t lie, he was a motivating factor in me just buying the NEO 19” outright, just to make sure it goes to a good cause and not his collection. I absolutely HATE the idea of spending “fuck you” money, but a lot of people are tired of his act. This is what happens when you want a thing but are an asshole about it. Eventually it won’t matter how much money you have, people will come together and prevent you from getting it. It doesn’t pay to be a dick

EDIT: based on my observation and possibly biased view, I could be wrong

based on my observation and possibly biased view, I could be wrong
Nah, you're definitely not wrong. Some people collect stamps. Some people collect PCBs. Some people collect being kicked out of communities. He was booted from KLOV, so he came to Pinside. He was permanently banned there (which is hard to do, Robin is a softie). He got run out of NeoGaf, and those people made it mean, because well, it's NeoGaf. That's what they do. Then someone sent me this tonight:

E-fxk6XXoAAVCnA.jpeg

Same old story. This has been going on for years and years now, nothing changes. Anyways, he's not that interesting, but it is funny to me that I was mocking some idiot for that $80k auction recently and then found out exactly who that idiot was. He's not someone you want to associate with or have anywhere near your hobby, drama always follows. I shouldn't even talk about him, he'll probably rant about me on his podcast again. Anyways, good for you making sure that he didn't vulture up another community resource.

And populate it with what CRT is the problem. I actually happen to have a spare 25" monitor (flat screen though) but 25" spares don't exactly grow on trees, and unlike the Cute the monitor is just sitting fully exposed, with the bezel form fit to it. So you'd need not only a 25" monitor, but the right one with the exact tube curvature to fit.

It's not really that realistic as a repro project, any more than making new Aero Cities (as cool as that would be). The supply of CRTs is too constrained.

Honestly, as much as people might not like it, a Neo19 could be designed to fit the 20" Arcooda LCD.

https://www.arcooda.com/accessories/arcade-monitors/20-1-inch-lcd-arcade-monitor/
Bezels can be made to fit a monitor it's not that big a deal. If there are 4:3 monitors or there over 20-25 is the question. Think ancooda has some in the works for the future.

the way he strongarms sales his way with money, posts tasteless things like the eBay auction to draw attention to himself, singlehandedly drives up the price of these cabs several thousand higher than what the market value SHOULD be, and gates out every single other prospective owner of them, on top of being a miserable person to interact with and not contributing back at all.
Thought this recent tweet was applicable here. Seems like there are lots of assholes out there and more so recently.

Grateful to have good people like @Cereth and others in this hobby.

Hey all, I’ll post this in a few places:

38bacc78-596b-45b1-ad07-6b8220bd666e-jpeg.jpg

the proto iso harness is done.

here it is installed:
dd1ea20f-b679-4e06-8824-773d1c70f778-jpeg.jpg

I managed to order the wrong male pins so I had to pick some more up. Once I get the shipping confirmation from JST I’ll get a pre-order thread. Cost on these is TBD.... still working that out.

Mine arrived Saturday morning. Unpacked and laid everything out. Thankfully the kids went to a friend's house most of the day Sunday, so was able to knock out assembly. Can't wait to get the last remaining pieces in (monitor, iso and iso harness) and have this up and running! Planning on putting Daimakaimura (Ghouls n Ghosts) in initially. Might do a switcher as well to do some classics, neo geo and shumps. Not a ton of room to mount several boards, but we'll see what fits.

Attachments

• PXL_20210904_180122276.jpg
    PXL_20210904_180122276.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 128
  • PXL_20210906_152322306.jpg
    PXL_20210906_152322306.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 123
Okay, I think this will be helpful to people. While working on some monitors last night I lined up a G07 tube next to a K7000 tube and noticed they were nearly identical in terms of depth. Just to be sure, I swapped the G07 into an extra K7000 frame I had sitting around and measured them front to back -there was maybe an 1/8 inch difference. For the sake of research, I went ahead and pulled the K7000 from one of my Mini Cutes and removed it from the provided frame and replaced it with a G07. The G07 chassis is about 3/4 inch wider than the K7000 chassis, and while it could still barely fit within the wings, I didn't want to run the risk of having a live HOT touching the frame, so I removed the wings and installed the chassis on the wood. I got the monitor in and the chassis hooked up (I had to redo the RGB/Sync plugs to work with the G07). It works great! I managed to get my phone in past the installed monitor to take a picture showing the clearance to the back of the machine - fits perfectly. So there you go, hopefully that helps expand possibilities for people searching for a monitor!

File_000.jpeg

File_004.jpeg
File_005.jpeg
File_007.jpeg
File_009.jpeg
File_010.jpeg

One caveat – some G07s come with the degaussing coil directly attached to the tube and others with the degaussing coil mounted to a metal shroud that goes over the tube. The ones with the shroud are just barely too big to fit inside the K7000 frame (see picture). To use that version, you would have to pull the degaussing coil and adapter from the shroud and install it directly on the tube.

File_000.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice one bro, I havent even bothered to check for G07s, will keep an eye out.

Back