What's new
Mark your items as sold

GeeDee

Grand Master
Reaction score
11/25: Doing a "black friday offer" 'till monday. check most recent post below ^^

Sold Status: SOLD $1100 total received after shipping and PayPals lame cut :P ...my only regret was not bumping enough to post a third strike title pun ;(

Hey AP! I've done an awful lot of buying here, but never much selling...Let's try and change that! :D

8smd5uH.jpg

For sale is a JoJo 1/venture kit with Full SIMMS and a converted cart for multi support, as well as the SD card reader/converter, so no need for the CD-Rom drive. On this set, I've also installed a Digital AV (HDMI) kit using @ModGirls QSB for a much cleaner look :thumbsup: goodbye spaghetti wires from the old method lol! My main CPS3 lives on a wood plank nowadays, so I went ahead and "included" a case I used to use when locals were a thing that I could bring these out to. I say "included" because the Jasens Customs case was never originally designed with the DAV in mind, so there was never any mounting spots for an HDMI MtF or any extra buttons for the on screen controls. I've previously cut and drilled out some mounting spots myself, and while I think I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron nowadays, I'm still no artisan with a dremel lol, so I'll be posting two different prices- one with and without the case; incase you don't have any need for it.

I've taken a buuunch of photos of everything, as well as some videos comparing the RGB via OSSC and the DAVs HDMI out so you can see some functionality to boot. Those will all be in the spoilers below with some extra written info. Please note!: If you do not want/need the case, you will receive everything BUT the case and extra items connected to the DAV. I'll desolder the extra menu buttons from the DAV, remove the HDMI extension and unmount the SCSI2SD before shipping. the main board and SCSI2SD will be wrapped separately and simply be packed back into the CPS3 Kit box (which will of course go into another box before heading to the post). You can still change your DAVs settings without the extra buttons via the two on-board buttons on the pcb. If you DO want the case, then I will remove the cartridge and place that back into the original CPS3 kit box, wrap the case separately with the mobo+extras still inside and all set up, and package the box and CPS3 separately (since it wont fit in the kit box w/ the case on, etc etc).

CPS3 w/ Case:

https://imgur.com/a/ZL4lD4y - More photos in the album!

03QMoob.jpg

Note: Underside PCB photos are in the "no case" album! :thumbup: Also, you'll see in the photos, but two screws on the case are not the originals. All the screws on the case are just stardard w/e hardware, but two of the originals were lost to the abyss when bringing this thing to-and-from events when the DAV was a new thing and I was unscrewing the case every now and then for streams.

CPS3 w/o Case

https://imgur.com/a/kmHEMMJ - Separate album w/ more photos w/o case!

7DgTgEO.jpg

Note: You can see more examples in the other album photos, but the only wires to the DAV I elected not to trim any further for this set are the coax. Everything else is pretty tidy, and the coax aren't very long as it is anyways, but I've installed a few of these DAVs to a few different mobo revisions now and the coax is always the most troublesome...so since modgirls kits default coax lengths worked on the first go with this specific board, I'm sticking with it lol.

Jojo Box + contents

https://imgur.com/a/BB4E9mX - all the stuff!

CRW4ylj.jpg

Note: When I originally picked up this kit, it did not include the jewel case and artwork for the CD. Everything else is in perfect shape, including the disc, but it was originally just sitting in the CD drive when I got it. If you are not comfortable with the CD being shipped to you in the drive, just lmk and ill grab a spare empty jewel case and ship it in that instead! :thumbup:

Includes:
2x Marquees
2x movestrip sets (so 4 strips in total)
1x Cartridge lockbar w/ hardware
4x pcb feet
1x CD Drive + power cable
1x Jojos Disc (no case, read above)
1x SCSI cable (packed in box if you do not want the case)
CPS3 Manual
JoJos Manual
Two sets of button/move stickers
Various caution/instructional fliers/pamphlets/stickers

Finally, here are a few videos I took showing the set running through the ossc (default settings; reflashed fw right before recording), and another starting with the DAV output, as well as showing how exactly to access the on-screen menu for it. Might wanna fullscreen these; simulated scanlines look like trash in the tiny preview windows lol

Via OSSC: Default settings, set to 50% scanlines around halfway through (incase you preffer that and wanna see how it looks). Please note!: This was captured from one of franks Miniguns that I built, but the video is also from a scart cable that I built for myself as well. Audio is from the CPS3s RCAs -> 3.5mm. I'm sure 99.9% of ya'll know this already, but picture mileage will always vary based on your superguns/cabs rgb settings, as well as your cabling with this kind of setup.

Via DAV (Video + Audio): Please Note!: These are not entirely default settings at the start. the DAV does actually output a few different options that some of my monitors (and in this case my capture card) does not support, so it's set to an output setting that I know is supported, and that I personally prefer for my DAV setups anyways. Therefore, if you power this on and you don't IMMIDIETELY get a picture, there's always a chance that your monitor/capture option may not support what it is ouputting. The full list of resolutions is available Here on Retro RGB, as well as on the Original GitHub.

For clarity: To bring up the menu, the left button is held for a few seconds, then you can press it again to scroll through the menu options. The right button scrolls through that options settings. This also applies to the on-board PCBs buttons.

Asking $1600 $1500 $1400 w/ case, $1500 $1400 $1300 without- shipped within US. Being 100% transparent, I've never shipped anything this expensive (or heavy) outside the states before, so I'm willing to cautiously consider if you're interested, but we just may need to discuss shipping costs.

Willing to consider offers, but more importantly, have some other projects I'm working on (and some other games I wanna play!) so if you'd like to offset the cost a bit, here's some things I'm looking for to bundle as trade + cash :D :

Higher priority:

- Nintendo VS PCB w/ both sides populated. Will consider boards with only one side populated, but prefer both; got a dualsystem I'm right on the cusp of finishing up 8o PPU type not super important to me, neither are daughter cards.

Everything else:

- TGM 1 rom board
- Assembled Betsu Betsu/splitfire
- Any niche stuff related to Treasure games. Artworks, adverts, uncommon stuff, etc.

Thanks for looking! :thumbup: lmk if you have any questions and I'll get to you as soon as I can!

Last edited:
Very nice kit :)

I think I have all those items you are looking for with the exception of the Nintendo VS, but since I already have CPS3 :( if not I would have worked out a trade with ya.

But yeah, this should sell out quick :thumbsup:

I think I have all those items you are looking for with the exception of the Nintendo VS, but since I already have CPS3 :( if not I would have worked out a trade with ya.

Just means I get to hit you up about some games down the line :thumbup: The cab that I want the VO panel for isn't quite here yet, so I wouldnt be shocked if you hear from me about that whenever it finally hits stateside haha.

Thanks for the words tho! :thumbsup: means a lot coming from the CPS3 stash man himself lol

in case of someone take without, the case blue/yellow interesting me.

Just means I get to hit you up about some games down the line :thumbup: The cab that I want the VO panel for isn't quite here yet, so I wouldnt be shocked if you hear from me about that whenever it finally hits stateside haha.
Thanks for the words tho! :thumbsup: means a lot coming from the CPS3 stash man himself lol
Sure thing, just hit me up when you are ready.

bump for the weekend crowd :rolleyes: neeeeed that nintendo board and I'm finally forcing myself to let the hobby fund the hobby for a change lol

I would trade MBs with you and throw cash on top to buy the case / hdmi mod and you could still sell a complete boxed multi kit :)

Both of these are pretty interesting! Just addressing things in order:
Anything here strike your fancy for a trade?

WTB or trade for these hard to get PCBs
I'll take a line from your post; "Cash is KING"...but I am interested in radiant silvergun :rolleyes: been collecting niche treasure stuff for years now, so it'd be a very happy addition. Still mostly interested in selling to fund other projects though, so if you want to hmu with a trade + cash offer, my PMs are open :thumbup:

I would trade MBs with you and throw cash on top to buy the case / hdmi mod and you could still sell a complete boxed multi kit :)
I actually have a few more DAVs that I would just need to MBs to install to, so I would definitely be interested in this just to have a little more to do and get more of these mods out into the wild! ^^ I'll let smiley get back to me with an offer if they'd like to first though- since they posted first and just taking things in order etc etc. Just seems fair. If we don't work something out then we can definitely talk about it more! :thumbup:

Price drop! :thumbup: Added a few extra things I'm interested in to the "plus trade" list too

Both of these are pretty interesting! Just addressing things in order:
Anything here strike your fancy for a trade?

WTB or trade for these hard to get PCBs
I'll take a line from your post; "Cash is KING"...but I am interested in radiant silvergun :rolleyes: been collecting niche treasure stuff for years now, so it'd be a very happy addition. Still mostly interested in selling to fund other projects though, so if you want to hmu with a trade + cash offer, my PMs are open :thumbup:
I actually have a few more DAVs that I would just need to MBs to install to, so I would definitely be interested in this just to have a little more to do and get more of these mods out into the wild! ^^ I'll let smiley get back to me with an offer if they'd like to first though- since they posted first and just taking things in order etc etc. Just seems fair. If we don't work something out then we can definitely talk about it more! :thumbup:
Ok, gonna hit you up, I am sure I have a RS cart and a few other bits you want.

Bump; One more price drop :rolleyes: Probably be the last drop before posting this guy up elsewhere. If you're holding out for the new 8x SIMMS, lmk and I'll do $1150 for everything and just hang on to the SIMMS and SCI2SD. All my setups are for 3S, so I could always use the spare simms and such for a "slow switch" setup :P

One more! But let's make this one fun :P so first just as an fyi, this is up on ebay now at the original asking price, but i'd much rather sell here just to not have to work around ebays fees and systems and such.

More importantly, the black friday posts sounded like a neat idea, so I figured I'd offer the same. Buy this guy before Monday and I'll do an even 1K + shipping for the whole lot ^^ That's officially a nice chunk under what I originally paid and put into it, so I'll go in the red to get this thing out and get me back in the garage before December :P After monday rolls around though, I'll edit this post and we roll back to my last listed prices/offers.

Just for transparency though, like I said, it's also up on Ebay now. If you PM me here and we get to talking, but someone hits the buy-it-now before we get to any kind of transaction, then we'll have to stop in our tracks and I'll (sadly) honor the ebay-er first and foremost, since they technically bought it first. If they decide to "buy" but not pay, I'll reach back out to whoever I was talking with here in order of previous contacts and re-offer the same "black friday" price, even if it's past monday by that point :) I'd much rather do a deal with someone here over getting a chunk of change more out of ebay, but I don't wanna be scummy and not honor the "first come first served" no matter where it is. Thanks all!

Back