What's new
I got the guncon2 sync tap set up on mine a couple days ago. It’s really iffy on dark backgrounds but tracks great on light ones. I need to mess with it some more. Basically I just got an RCA pigtail off Amazon and spliced the signal with sync (pin 13 on jamma) and the ground to a random ground. Be aware if you start it up with the gun plugged in it will take over as P1 and JAMMa won’t respond.

IMG_8539.jpeg

I just ordered one after seeing this. Grabbed the original one from the RGB-PI website last night before I realized this was a thing. All good though I have a 3b+ that I will use for it and a 4 b for this one. Been dealing with arpicade for years and want something new to mess with.

On Pi OS4 how do I access the file manager? I'm trying to install the RPi version of Donut Dodo but I can't seem to find how to access the folders on my USB drive.

Everything is working really well with this device so far!

it works really well however I have some issues with RGB-PI. There should be a way to assign a button combo for coin, like start and button 1 at the same time. It has a free play mode but it doesn’t work with some games. It also needs a button combo to exit back to the main menu. I had a sink issue and couldn’t see the screen so I had to repower. When I did the picture took a quarter of the screen and the start button didn’t work. I had to go back to a fresh reformatted, reBurnt card. But the product was dope and did exactly as it should it’s just learning RGB-PI. Arpicade is crazy evolved and has way more settings but the UI and ease of use with RGB-PI is super nice.
C02D17F4-C615-43B3-8A81-6EE9BDB4978D.jpeg

I got the install files onto the pi, but I can't navigate to the install.sh file to get it going. I'm not sure it works this way with OS4. Everything I am reading says it needs Retrostation, etc.

The Raspberry Pi 5 was just announced. Shipping in October. I wonder if it would be compatible with this. The software will have to be upgraded to take advantage of it of course.

Anyone know how to "Force" 240p for games instead of 480i? I streamed from this last night and was getting a lot of dropped sync on my Datapath and a lot of screen wiggle on the cab.

The Raspberry Pi 5 was just announced. Shipping in October. I wonder if it would be compatible with this. The software will have to be upgraded to take advantage of it of course.
Probably not, and for sure not straight away. Just going from 3 to 4 took a LOT of effort from the RGBPi team (who won't be too happy this device exists btw ;)). And aje_fr's RPI2Jamma for example is still not working with Pi4, only Pi3. So I wouldn't get my hopes up. The Pi4 is plenty powerful imo anyways, so no big loss I'd say.

It's been confirmed the RGB output device/interface is still present on GPIO, as is sound, and the thing will work on Pi5 with no hardware mods needed.
However, the OS and Emulators will possibly need to be (slightly) reworked to deal with new hardware/cpu spec/optimized etc.

This product works great and would recommend. Thank you @Crown Arcade Shop. Any and all problems on my end are software related. Needed a sync cleaner for it to lock on my intended monitor. Anyone on pi3b/OS2 figure out how to get the extra skins to show up? The wiki has instructions but seem very vague. Tried it a few different ways and still nothing.

I just received mine today and got it all set up with a Raspberry Pi 4 and RGB-Pi OS4. I loaded it with a few NES and MAME ROMs, and it appears all of the NES games are working fine, but only about 1/3 of the arcade games will launch. Most of them just go to a black screen. I can get to the options menu and exit the game back to the game select menu, but can't figure out what I am doing wrong for the MAME games. Anyone have any ideas?

Probably you are using a wrong mame version of the rom. What versions they use I don't know. I use mostly FBA.

It’s really strange. As an example, Dig Dug does not work, but Dig Dug II does. They are from the same romset. Vs. Super Mario Bros (my favorite game) does not work, but Vs. Pinball does. Can anyone else try Vs. Super Mario Bros. (suprmario.zip) and see if it works for them?

Ok so it doesnt work with a rasberry pi 3 / OS2
Works fine with pi 4 / OS 4

- The cps2 kick harness works great.
- Volume control is easily accessible
- the board format is great and works better for me then the original rgbpi board
- the fan is silent and perfectly placed.

I have no complaints really! Its great! Thanks!

… my only complaint would be the version of the roms working with that rgbpi OS 4… but that has nothing to do with the board itself!
Actually, (for me anyway) it works great with my Pi3B & OS2! I had a lot more trouble getting several roms to work on the Pi4 with OS4 (but I do like the OS4 interface and feature set a little more!)
For OS4 it required me to use the RGB-PI packs to get everything running correctly. The OS2 was much easier to configure!

Actually, (for me anyway) it works great with my Pi3B & OS2! I had a lot more trouble getting several roms to work on the Pi4 with OS4 (but I do like the OS4 interface and feature set a little more!)
For OS4 it required me to use the RGB-PI packs to get everything running correctly. The OS2 was much easier to configure!
Do you mean the rom packs? I got on their discord and found I need to provide a number from the rgb-pi purchase which I don't have.

I have no idea why, but I've tried two different RGB-PI's in my cab and the amplifier chip blew on both.
Might try this to see if I have better luck.
Did you attach a heatsink on the back of the RGB-PI in the "golden square" as per the instructions?

Do you mean the rom packs? I got on their discord and found I need to provide a number from the rgb-pi purchase which I don't have.
I did too. I actually wound up buying their official RGB-PI Jamma board so I could access the packs. Those packs worked great with the Pi4. The roms I already owned worked just fine with the Pi3B, but I was not able to get the Pi4 to work with them. I thought that was very strange.

Back