What's new
It is straight forward, the jpac has the connectors on the boards.. you need to find out the size of the wiring (.110 or .187) for your push buttons and order a few wires from focusattack. All you need is a little screw drivers to connect the wire to the jpac.

I would order p1&2 wires 5,6 and ground.total of 6 wires is what you would need.

https://focusattack.com/electrical/wiring/

It is straight forward, the jpac has the connectors on the boards.. you need to find out the size of the wiring (.110 or .187) for your push buttons and order a few wires from focusattack. All you need is a little screw drivers to connect the wire to the jpac.

I would order p1&2 wires 5,6 and ground.total of 6 wires is what you would need.

https://focusattack.com/electrical/wiring/
Ok so all I need are the JPAC and the wires you suggested. How do I connect the JPAC itself to the Pi? Maybe I'm overthinking but I always do lol

The jpac has a usb cable that connects to the the pie.. the pie will see the device as a USB keyboard. Go to the ultimarc website and you will see how it works..all the Mame keyboard controls are mapped to the jpac. You can also, reconfigure the jpac keys and function buttons etc..

The jpac has a usb cable that connects to the the pie.. the pie will see the device as a USB keyboard. Go to the ultimarc website and you will see how it works..all the Mame keyboard controls are mapped to the jpac. You can also, reconfigure the jpac keys and function buttons etc..
What about the other emulators I have on my image besides MAME? I have Final Burn Alpha and a bunch of console emulators.

I would imagine that you can remap the input on the pie or remap the jpac for all the emulators.. Easier way to test, plug in a USB keyboard on the pie and see if you can map the emulator..the jpac is a keyboard.

Ok, just to recap so that my little baby brain can understand lol (yay, self-deprecating humor)

I need the following:

1. JPAC
2. A USB cable that goes from the JPAC to the Pi (unless the JPAC comes with one)
3. p1&2 wires 5,6 and ground (six wires) to which they will go from the JPAC to the power supply
4. A keyboard for mapping controls plugged into the Pi

Ok, just to recap so that my little baby brain can understand lol (yay, self-deprecating humor)

I need the following:

1. JPAC
2. A USB cable that goes from the JPAC to the Pi (unless the JPAC comes with one)
3. p1&2 wires 5,6 and ground (six wires) to which they will go from the JPAC to the power supply
4. A keyboard for mapping controls plugged into the Pi
1. Yes
2. It comes with one afaik, if not then yes.
3. Why? Leave it as it is, use the USB adaptor to power the pi. (actually I dont understand the reasoning behind this, maybe I am missing something)
4. JPAC is emulates a keyboard, if you want to map it before, you need a keyboard, if you want to map if after you have the JPAC, just use JPAC.

“3. p1&2 wires 5,6 and ground (six wires) to which they will go from the JPAC to the power supply“

p1 and p2 wires 5,6 goes to jpac
P1 and P2 wires 5,6 ground goes to jpac. You will see two grounds on the jpac, it is easy to wire and figure it out. The ground cable from focus attack is daisy chained. The jpac gets power from the jamma edge connection no power needed.. you will need to provide power to the pie somehow.

This is exactly the same video system (VGA666). With CRT EVO, you have a pixel perfect result.

Back