What's new
would this be my problem with my splatterhouse maybe?
You probably do have a weak sync signal on your System 1 board however there's a circuit involving ICs while the PGM sync signal is generated directly off of a custom chip. There's not much to test for my issue since it's a single direct trace while System 1 has components that need identified and tested that make up the sync signal.

Won't be possible that in some "near" future you could implement 24khz support too?
This would be wonderful for all my test purposes.

Won't be possible that in some "near" future you could implement 24khz support too?
The options for 24k would be line-doubling, resulting in 48khz, which is something like 800x600 in 70Hz, i.e. not useful for 31k - this can likely be done fairly simple.

The other option would be read 2 lines, output 3 to get something that would work with 31K monitors, and not even sure that would look any good and it would be a lot more complicated to actually implement.

The options for 24k would be line-doubling, resulting in 48khz, which is something like 800x600 in 70Hz, i.e. not useful for 31k - this can likely be done fairly simple.
The other option would be read 2 lines, output 3 to get something that would work with 31K monitors, and not even sure that would look any good and it would be a lot more complicated to actually implement.
I don't know since i'm not an expert at all in signal manipulation, but for example i use an extron vsc500 for downscaling 24khz down to 15 (here you can see it in my test bench)
i also know that OSSC is capable to upscale 24 to 31khz...but for me it's a bit too complicate to use.
Also the "in"famouse GBS scaler it's capable to do this...
Would be great to have something of great quality like your scaler, be able to be compatible with all arcade related, 15-24....
For sure would be perfect for my test needs.

i also know that OSSC is capable to upscale 24 to 31khz...but for me it's a bit too complicate to use.
Would be great to have something of great quality like your scaler, be able to be compatible with all arcade related, 15-24....
OSSC does not upscale 24khz -> 31khz, but a much higher frequency - would something like this be of value? The GBS uses a framebuffer AFAIK.

OSSC does not upscale 24khz -> 31khz, but a much higher frequency - would something like this be of value? The GBS uses a framebuffer AFAIK.
So this means that OSSC is not able to have 24khz boards into a normal lcd (or a 31 khz crt arcade monitor) via vga?
Regarding the GBS, this means that it's not a real upscale?

So this means that OSSC is not able to have 24khz boards into a normal lcd (or a 31 khz crt arcade monitor) via vga?Regarding the GBS, this means that it's not a real upscale?
It means the output of the OSSC is higher than 31Khz, which should not be an issue for LCD monitors as they handle higher resolutions, and also PC crt's should do this without issue. 31khz arcade CRT's would not handle it. The GBS is an upscaler, but it saves a frame into a frame-buffer, then processes it, then does the output. In the case of the GBS, the quality is as you probably know not very good and it will be lag etc..

So this means that OSSC is not able to have 24khz boards into a normal lcd (or a 31 khz crt arcade monitor) via vga?Regarding the GBS, this means that it's not a real upscale?
It means the output of the OSSC is higher than 31Khz, which should not be an issue for LCD monitors as they handle higher resolutions, and also PC crt's should do this without issue. 31khz arcade CRT's would not handle it. The GBS is an upscaler, but it saves a frame into a frame-buffer, then processes it, then does the output. In the case of the GBS, the quality is as you probably know not very good and it will be lag etc..
Thanks for the explanation.
So it could be possible to do the same as OSSC into your scaler?

I have never been able to get my OSSC (connected via a HAS) to display my System24 games on a modern LCD TV. If you care to share your settings, it would be much appreciated.

I have never been able to get my OSSC (connected via a HAS) to display my System24 games on a modern LCD TV. If you care to share your settings, it would be much appreciated.
I've never tried it.
I only report what i read in the OSSC post over shmups forum.

LOL, I don't actually have any 24k sources :D But I've read that it should work with the OSSC :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation.So it could be possible to do the same as OSSC into your scaler?
In theory yes, given demand and time permitting :)

Still hoping you'll be planning on a downscaler from 31khz -> 15khz (or 24khz even), so I can play those awesome 31khz only games on my NAC :D
What would those be? AFAIK, Sys246/256, Type X, Naomi all have 15khz options?

Thanks for the explanation.So it could be possible to do the same as OSSC into your scaler?
Still hoping you'll be planning on a downscaler from 31khz -> 15khz (or 24khz even), so I can play those awesome 31khz only games on my NAC :D
That would be great
:)

I'm noticing the brightness on the A1 is on the low side. It seems the ADC is kicking in and dropping quite a bit. Is there anyway to adjust the auto ADC in the configuration file to keep it from doing this? possible to correct/change in future firmware updates?

I'm noticing the brightness on the A1 is on the low side. It seems the ADC is kicking in and dropping quite a bit. Is there anyway to adjust the auto ADC in the configuration file to keep it from doing this? possible to correct/change in future firmware updates?
Which source are you experiencing this with? If you make a file called "rsa1debug.txt" on the sd card, you can check the log to see if it does auto-adjust because of clipping. Under normal circumstances, the brightness will be re-adjusted at sync, and then 8 seconds later and that should be it. If you have configured RGB for 75-ohm, and feed it Arcade signals, it will constantly try to lower the gain.

31khz -> 15khz for me, system Y :)

for 24kHz to 31 or 15kHz multiply each line by 5, then average every 4 for a 31kHz 640x480p image... then you can interlace that for a 15kHz compatible signal.

or you can multiply by 5 and average every 8 for a 15kHz 320x240p output.

Which source are you experiencing this with? If you make a file called "rsa1debug.txt" on the sd card, you can check the log to see if it does auto-adjust because of clipping. Under normal circumstances, the brightness will be re-adjusted at sync, and then 8 seconds later and that should be it. If you have configured RGB for 75-ohm, and feed it Arcade signals, it will constantly try to lower the gain.
HAS supergun set to TTL sync output. RGB knob turned to 80%. I"m not getting bright whites like you would on properly adjusted setup. I am curious if anyone else has noticed this. It's almost as if the blacks are slightly crushed. I am just speculating though.

Back