What's new
Glad it is working out for you guys. Stuff really does happen at this site!

(I have this awesome life hack watch this. It'll arrive tomorrow now)

Man I'm really bummed mine hasn't arrived yet. Got everything ready except this!

Do I need an additional cable besides the 50 pin to 50 pin SCSI? Both the CPS3 motherboard and the SCSI2SD unit have a molex looking slot right next to the SCSI part. What is this?

I have the 50pin to 50pin coming in the mail right now. I just got my cart back from Mitsurugi and got the last 128mb simm a couple weeks ago. Just want to make sure I have everything I need to start getting this bad boy going.

Do I need an additional cable besides the 50 pin to 50 pin SCSI? Both the CPS3 motherboard and the SCSI2SD unit have a molex looking slot right next to the SCSI part. What is this?

I have the 50pin to 50pin coming in the mail right now. I just got my cart back from Mitsurugi and got the last 128mb simm a couple weeks ago. Just want to make sure I have everything I need to start getting this bad boy going.
Nope. Power can be drawn from the 50pin SCSI cable to power SCSI2SD.

Nope. Power can be drawn from the 50pin SCSI cable to power SCSI2SD.
Hooking everything up tonight, quick question. Is pin 1 of each end on the top left of the connection? If so, do I need to flip one female connector for proper hookup? The females connections both face the same direction so meaning if I plugged in as is Pin 1 would be top left on one side and top right on the other side. The reason I ask is because I had to flip one connection in order to get the Jasen's Customs DB15 adapter to work with the PS360+ inside my stick in the past. Help is much appreciated : D

Last edited:
If you're using a SCSI ribbon cable it should have a notch to guide it in the right orientation. The cps3 board and the scsi2sd also have those notches. I don't recall flipping anything around, I think you're over thinking it.

Just looked at it, on both the CPS3 and SD2SCSI pin #1 is on the top right side. Did your ribbon cable have the female connections facing the same direction, as in if you laid down flat would both sides be facing up or down? With it set up like this pin 1 on one device won't connect to pin 1 on the other device, it will connect to pin 25. See pictures for visual. As you can see, with the ribbon cable in it's current state if I plug it into the one device pin one of the cable will be on the top right as it should be, but because the other connector is facing the same direction it's plugging into pin 25 (top left) on the other device. See what I mean?

What does everybody else's look like?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 254
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 254
I get it now, sorry for asking dumb questions. Navy killed my brain today.

Now to do the homework on formatting the SD2SCSI and the SD card. ^^

The thread is here somewhere...

This one

Set the scsi2sd to 700mb. Use a file transfer tool (I used HDD Raw Copy) to turn the sd into the ISO (don't just copy the ISO file onto the sd)

The .dmg file ended up working. Will be checking out that thread. Trying to the bios to at least boot up by 9 tonight. After that homework calls lol.

I'm confused about the part of making the SD card into an ISO. Do I download what game I want and turn that into the ISO? I got a CD from Mitsurugi when I got my cart back from him. I thought that's what went into the SD card, I'm confused.

ISOs

Not sure which one you need, I think it depends on the mod MW did, but the process of getting the sd written is the same. The image (ISO Definition) has to be copied bit by bit exactly, which is not the same as copy and pasting the files from the cd onto an sd.

The right program will write the files in the exact way needed so that the sd card data actually looks like a CD, file structure wise. Sort of like how if you burn a bunch of .wav files onto a CD-R it's not the same as burning something you can play in a CD player. One is data, the other is red book audio format.

So you need to write the ISO onto the sd, not just copy all the same files onto it.

The ISO images in the link above actually have all the games in them already.

The CD I got is labeled Darksoft's CPS III Super BIOS. What is the best program to use for Mac?

I dunno Mac software... But you'd have to dump your CD to an ISO file first, if you wanted to do it that way. If you know which mod MW did you can skip that step and just download the ISO file from that other thread. Google is probably your friend at this point.

He did the $55 mod, not the $150 one. I believe that means I need the custom SH-2 ISO, I googled around for it, but I just got to a dead link. Which thread has the ISOs? I can't find it.

Last edited:
Thanks to the OP for the link. I was visiting the USA a couple of months back and got one delivered whilst I was there. :D
Installed, and working like a dream. SCSI CD drive has now been safely wrapped up and put somewhere safe!

Back