What's new
For Sale
1664415383628.jpeg

More functions are being upgraded

What do the 2 new connectors attach to. Also is this newer one the one on the site. Placed an order today.

Is there any way to use Dreamcast peripherals with this adapter? Steering wheel, fishing rod, etc.?
Thanks.

Does the adapter definitely output at 15khz (480i) with the correct sync and voltage levels? Also wondering how buttons 4-6 work if it isn't Chamma and there is no kick harness connector?

Not through it, since there's only two controller inputs on the MGCD board. However, nothing's stopping you from using the controller ports on the Dreamcast.
You would what, maybe hack the cable and run the wires directly into the control panel for players 3 and 4? …. Or would you have to gut 2 controllers and solder directly to the pads of each button?

Either pad hack two controllers or use encoders. I'm not sure what encoders support Dreamcast. Maybe someone here can chime in about that.

Brooks Retro Board does
Think you would need to go through a USB encoder first, then to the Brook Wingman. I'd use a Pico Fighting Board for the encoder I think. Frankly, at that point you could just hook in the video out from the Dream Case via a VGA cable adapter and not need anything else.

(thinking about it, do I have a Brook Wingman around? I have everything else...)

Brook Retro Board has a RJ45 Dreamcast cable you can buy and connect straight to the Dreamcast. That’s how I do it for my Jamma cab.

Brook Retro Board has a RJ45 Dreamcast cable you can buy and connect straight to the Dreamcast. That’s how I do it for my Jamma cab.

Ah, so Brook Retro Board not the Brook Wingman... there are too many Brook products.

Back