What's new
I had Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 running in link today. However, it locks up frequently between rounds (and always between, never during). When it locks up none of the controls work, not even the test button.

I haven't had issues with other games. It's the earlier version of the game (Rev A, GDL-0007A), maybe a bug in it?
Bumping this thread....

Did you ever find out what was causing this? I just installed a VS kit for my net cities and ran into this exact same issue.

I did not.

The later revision also has the same problem.

We tried different motherboards, different BIOSes, original disc and CF card. Same thing every time. I think it's just broken.

I did not.

The later revision also has the same problem.

We tried different motherboards, different BIOSes, original disc and CF card. Same thing every time. I think it's just broken.
That's unfortunate. I was hoping it was something simple :(

Well i tried using a modified version provided by Metallic and now it's no longer freezing. I dunno what the difference is other than Boss mode being enabled, but no input freezing inbetween matches is a good thing :)

So can Naomi Games like MvC2 be hacked?

Reactions: nem
Well i tried using a modified version provided by Metallic and now it's no longer freezing. I dunno what the difference is other than Boss mode being enabled, but no input freezing inbetween matches is a good thing :)

That's odd. The modified version just patches the unlock codes in so you don't have to input them (YAMAAOUT and MORIKAWA in the test menu). I'm pretty sure I had both of those done.

Anyway, happy to hear you got it working. I'll have to try it out sometime.

Hello,
I have come across this thread because i am on the hunt for those power connectors for the Sega Net City vs link board.

Anyone have any ideas where i could acquire both of those cables from?

Thank you.

Update: I have managed to grab all the necessary connectors and finally have both my cabs up and running. Just waiting for my second link board to arrive in the mail.

Does anyone know if the link board is just like a repeater or is it seen as a supported only device in the game code?

Update: I have managed to grab all the necessary connectors and finally have both my cabs up and running. Just waiting for my second link board to arrive in the mail.

Does anyone know if the link board is just like a repeater or is it seen as a supported only device in the game code?
The link board itself passes the JVS connection straight through pin-to-pin if I remember right, and the rest is just circuitry to handle splitting audio/video; the JVS host just knows it has 2 IO's attached, the link board is not of concern to it.

I am asking this as I am thinking along the lines of connecting a taito X3 io or a jvs2pac PC setup and see if I can link the cabs that way.
There's a 31khz ttx3 image floating around and I intend to set it up.

I will update my findings.

I believe Taito handles linking differently, but I'm not the expert on those systems. For example Namco 256 is JVS but cabinet link is on Ethernet. NAOMI, multi motherboard games are optical link, but multi IO games are chained IOs. If you boot MVC2 or other fighting games with 2 JVS IOs, it automatically assigns one player to each cabinet.

I use a JVSPAC a lot but never in a linked setup, not sure how I would handle that. Someone here will know how the X3 links and if that's possible at all... I can't tell you. I can tell you an actual NAOMI would be very happy though ;)

Would it be a silly idea if I try splitting the signal from the one system to the other?

VGA splitter/repeater, extend jvs cables to second cab and split audio rca's to second amp.

That way a PC or ttx3 or any system would work really. Eliminates the need for the second chained io.

Ok I said I would update.

Managed to hook both cabs up in linked mode, but not all games work properly.
All atomiswave games don't seem to work in linked mode. Only the second cab seems to accept any inputs including test mode.

Some other games I tested, like virtua striker series,virtua tennis and GG accent core need the second player amp connector inserted into the orange 2p connection in the slave cab to detect player two.
Power stone 2 needs to be set as 4 players to detect a player 3 on the second cab.

Some games that have worked so far are
Doa 2
Puyo puyo games
Dynamite Deka
Tetris
Mvc2
Snk vs capcom

Still have more to test.

Last edited:

I tried this as well but got the same results. After 3-5 matches, controls would stop responding when used in the head to head setup on new net and net city cabs.

Well I have an update to my adventures. I decided to put a PC with win7 and attract mode configured with flycast, mame, and dolphin emulators.
I'm happy to report that the jvs2pac detects the linked cabs perfectly fine and works in 2-4p cab linking on my setup with all games now. Definitely more robust and compatible than the Naomi hardware. I have also added model 2+3 and some Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2 and even a few Wii games for good measure.

Well I have an update to my adventures. I decided to put a PC with win7 and attract mode configured with flycast, mame, and dolphin emulators.
I'm happy to report that the jvs2pac detects the linked cabs perfectly fine and works in 2-4p cab linking on my setup with all games now. Definitely more robust and compatible than the Naomi hardware. I have also added model 2+3 and some Dreamcast, GameCube, PS2 and even a few Wii games for good measure.
That's awesome! I knew that's what you wanted to do for a long time

Might as well post this here, so all the cables are catalogued:

net_city_versus_power_cables.jpg

These are for powering both link boards and the JVS IO in the slave cabinet. Super easy to make your own if you source the necessary AMP UP connectors and pins.

NECRO BUMP...
Mind sharing the pinout? The pictures on the fist post of this thread are no longer available.

Thanks!!

They might not be gone, just hotlink guarded or something. It's late here but if nobody beats me to it I'll grab them assuming I can (looks promising)

Hard to tell from the photos, but I am guessing the 1P split harness for powering the I/O and the link PCB is two wired per pin on the female 8 position AMP UP connector?

I've built all the cables and verified that the second cab i/o is being powered but I am unable to get the monitor to show an image on the slave cabinet. The main AC switch at the back is turned on.

I checked that all connections match up with the manual (black and white 12 pin AMP UP is going to CN7 on both machines. I have the split 8 pin cable (runs to i/o and link board) in the master cabinet and the non-split 8 pin cable (link board to i/o) in the slave cabinet. All VGA/sound connections are going to the correct spots.

Back