What's new

Keroro1125

Student
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Was testing boards I bought recently. Everything went well for the first couple boards. Sunset Riders worked great, Street Fighter II: World Warrior worked too. Then I got to E Swat, which I used a System 16 to JAMMA adapter. Worked for a minute or two and went to shut off my cab so I could adjust a dip switch. Before I could, I heard a loud POP and then the cab shut off. Wont turn on and what I assume is the breaker switch on the PSU says "Reset", though I have no clue how to reset it.

Did the E-Swat PCB potentially kill itself and the PSU?

What kind of breaker? Don't you just press or flip them to reset?

Before you connect E-Swat again, try some other board.

Only the breaker at the PSU trip?

First plug in a cheap know working board to use as test
Reset breaker at psu and fire it up again to see if the same issue happens

Possible causes:
Bad PSU
PSU might need a recap
Loose connections, I think those cabs used wire nuts in places for the AC lines/gnd
Check that all grounds are connected properly
Test that your wire harness is not shorting somewhere.
Check your power cord/outlet

If everything checks out and other boards work fine, could be defective ESwat
or Sys16 to Jamma adapter, could be that it shifted while plugged in and shorted out

Yeah, it looks like it should be a switch to be flipped but it doesn't seem like it wants to pop back into place. I tried pushing it in and it won't click back into place. I'll try looking at it again today after work but if it won't work then I'll order a replacement PSU. Everything seemed to work fine with E Swat for a few minutes and then BOOM. I did order the E Swat as untested from Ebay so who knows...

Back