What's new
I'd ask @Darksoft not only did he do the Atomiswave conversions, but I think he even owned (or still owns) a Giant Tetris PCB.

I guess it can be converted, but I'm not sure how much work there is behind. Can be something simple like remapping the controls or could be more complicated. I'll have a look if I can.

Without the giant screen and sticks you might as well run Naomi Tetris.

I've got a DinoKing SP motherboard so I'd be interested if this could be done...

@MetalliC he means DinoKing on a Naomi, not a SP board.
What do you think? Is the SP board close enough to convert the binary?

What do you think? Is the SP board close enough to convert the binary?
convert the binary ? like NAOMI cart games binary to DIMM/netboot conversion, which takes few minutes of trivial work ? - no, not happen here.

I'm sure it is possible to port SP game(s) to NAOMI, but it will be similar to AW-to-NAOMI porting, and probably will took days of work.
I'm not sure why to waste such amount of time instead of buying some SP mobo at ebay ? usually they are cheap, like $30-50 or so...

What if I made a 50$ donation in your name to the Dumping Union instead of buying a SP mobo? ;)

Or better yet, what if we took up a donation where ALL interested parties could pledge financial support (potentially leading to much more than a 50$ payout)?

What if I made a 50$ donation in your name to the Dumping Union instead of buying a SP mobo?
$50 is about a per hour salary of average developer, but here will be required few-several days of work = it is not profitable waste of time (from dev perspective).
so, as was said above - go and buy SP mobo instead, it will be cheaper.

You guys are missing the big picture here! We could be playing Block/Brick People!!!!! Or Battle Police!

WAY more interesting than Tetris.

WAY more interesting than Tetris.
Not to mention my apartment is bursting at the seams with arcade shit.
I don't need any more PCBs in my collection... I never got an Atomiswave, and thanks to Darksoft I never will.

We NEED this treatment for the SP system, its CPU and GPU are the same, yes it will take work but if we (the scene) are able to pay it should be pursued.

but, huh, there is only single game people really interested in - Tetris.
Brick People uses very special touch screen / sensor, I see no way how it can be played with a joystick. Battle Police game is not dumped.

I'm afraid so. I see no simple way of playing it:
Could you rout the touchscreen signal to the output panel of the Naomi?
Then we could use something like a Raspberry Pi to emulate the touch signals and map them to stick actions?

Back