What's new
Brick People uses very special touch screen / sensor, I see no way how it can be played with a joystick. Battle Police game is not dumped.
It's working in demul without screen/sensor, isn't it? How was that approached?

simulated using mouse - click some screen area to put block there, click again to remove block. all blocks removed when shelf holder is flipped. physics is not simulated, i.e. you may put floating blocks, which is not possible in real game.
I'm honestly wondering how to convert it to joystick controls, in a simple way.

Analog joystick that is basically the same as the analog mouse?

at hardware part, this game uses special sensor board (iirc SH-4 based) connected via serial port. this board return high-level result - like "matrix of blocks", where each bit corresponds to each block at screen.

in theory, it may be more-less playable if add in the game some sort of cursor, moveable with stick (no matter analog or digital), and set/reset block in current position at button press.
good luck to someone in implementing that ;)

simulated using mouse - click some screen area to put block there, click again to remove block. all blocks removed when shelf holder is flipped. physics is not simulated, i.e. you may put floating blocks, which is not possible in real game.I'm honestly wondering how to convert it to joystick controls, in a simple way.
Could it not work with a cross-hair controlled by the joystick? As though the joystick moves the mouse around the screen.

Edit: I read your most recent reply after posting.

Could it not work with a cross-hair controlled by the joystick? As though the joystick moves the mouse around the screen.
Hacking that crosshair functionality into the game is just going to be waaaay too hard.
I say just move the IO for the special controller to some external Naomi pins, we can emulate all the functionality with a Raspberry Pi and return the same "high level matrix" code the game is expecting.

mh when you know how the sensorbar signals work you can use one
GP2-0215K per row of blocks and make the same blocks as on the screen as fields its only a idea

Back