What's new
You can pull one of the unused pins in the jamma edge connector and replace the broken red one.

But yeah, good find!

You can pull one of the unused pins in the jamma edge connector and replace the broken red one.

But yeah, good find!
What an awesome idea, Thank you so much. You rock brother.

Update:

Finally got my chassis today and after installing it back, now I got all colors and monitor is working perfectly.

Who would of thought I had 2 issues seperate from each other at same time. Lesson learned. To all, thank you for looking and trying to help me out. Appreciate it.

Update:

So I was checking all the wiring and found this wire that looked like it broke off the jamma harness.

20230709_150249~2.jpg

and guess what? It's number 12 pin (RED!!) so I'm certain for sure that was my issue. It didn't look like it was at first but when I was moving the wires around it moved out easily. The only thing is the other half is inside and there seems to be nothing left to soldered too.

Unfortunately I haven't received the chassis back yet to test but soon. Maybe I'll just get a knew loom. I guess loom1 is the one correct? Or maybe they buy those types of pins? And I can probably try to crimp it, if I manage to be able to pull out the old one.
If that turns out to be the issue... me looking like an idiot will be an understatement.
better to LOOK like an idiot than BE one... I know from experience. But good to hear it's a simple fix.

I've learned to trust Sharp implicitly, after a similar incident, where I thought it was something still not working on the chassis.

Drove out that way for an event, stopped by to see Elvis and his father Enrique in person.

I watched Enrique look at the chassis, pull a yoke off his test tube, place it on a cart bottom full of other yokes.....he then found the one he wanted, slid it on the tube, hooked it up, and demonstrated to me, in the kindest and most hospitable way, that I was wrong, and their end of it was golden, it was our tube that was bad.

I apologized profusely for needing the extra confirmation, and after lots of chuckles, and assurance that I wasn't the first to need this, nor the last, I went on my merry way.

I still owe them a trip to Tacos El Gordo next time I am in town.

They are amazing techs, and really kind, solid folks.

Last edited:
I've learned to trust Sharp implicitly, after a similar incident, where I thought it was something still not working on the chassis.

Drove out that way for an event, stopped by to see Elvis and his Enrique in person.

I watched Enrique look at the chassis, pull a yoke off his test tube, place it on a cart bottom full of other yokes.....he then found the one he wanted, slid it on the tube, hooked it up, and demonstrated to me, in the kindest and most hospitable way, that I was wrong, and their end of it was golden, it was our tube that was bad.

I apologized profusely for needing the extra confirmation, and after lots of chuckles, and assurance that I wasn't the first to need this, nor the last, I went on my merry way.

I still owe them a trip to Tacos El Gordo next time I am in town.

They are amazing techs, and really kind, solid folks.
Agree very cool people indeed and super helpful. He did mention about a loose wire possibly the issue but by then I had already shipped the board. And many people here in the forums have said it too. I don't know.. I thought I checked and it seemed good but sometimes you just have to kinda pull on all wires to make sure. Something so simple and became a nightmare for months. Lesson learned.

The second board they fixed was perfect right out if the box.

Back