What's new

Dreamstate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I took the sounds and opened them in Audacity. Lowered the volume (DB Level) and then saved them. I tried a couple of different settings on WAV, but nothing I save makes any noise. Any advice on the export settings for this would be appreciated.

If I understand correctly his sounds work but he's trying to master them softer so they don't blow out his speakers. The sound conversion process was spotty when I was using it in 2014. Some samples just would not work when converted with the right settings. The input file has a lot to do with it. I just can't remember the settings right now.

Mitsurugi is right. It works fine, but I want to edit the sound files to lower the DB level. It is too loud (even though watching the dog jump is funny). Whenever I edit the file, I can't seem to get anything play no mater how I save the sample.

Hmm.....Leave sound file as is, and maybe add a resistor inline with the sound wire to lower volume?

Dont' install any resistors or modify the cart. The trick here is in using the right OUTPUT format.

Many programs that claim to save uncompressed don't do it properly or put some extra content that misleads the cartridge.
Please use the program Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).
* Open your favourity wav or mp3 file.
* File -> Export (Ctrl+Shift+E).
* (Save as type:) Other uncompressed files.
* then click Options and choose WAV with encoding Unsigned 8 bit PCM.
* Sample rate choose 44100.

That should work 100% now. Try first without touching the Dbs to make sure it works well and then you can lower them.

Thanks! I was hoping you had this info. I will try and post back my results.

Dont' install any resistors or modify the cart. The trick here is in using the right OUTPUT format.

Many programs that claim to save uncompressed don't do it properly or put some extra content that misleads the cartridge.
Please use the program Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).
* Open your favourity wav or mp3 file.
* File -> Export (Ctrl+Shift+E).
* (Save as type:) Other uncompressed files.
* then click Options and choose WAV with encoding Unsigned 8 bit PCM.
* Sample rate choose 44100.

That should work 100% now. Try first without touching the Dbs to make sure it works well and then you can lower them.
If this is the method, we gotta sticky this somewhere :)

Humor_I_Love_Happy_Endings_Brown_Shirt.jpg

Back