What's new

PlayYing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading that people are using a subwoofer to replace the stock subwoofer that comes in their Naomi upright cabinets (specifically the driving cabs Crazy Taxi and Jambo Safari). Could someone take a measurement to see which size sub would fit? A 8 in or a 12 in? Thanks in advance. @Finisterre

I had an Outrun 2 upright cab that was converted from a Jambo Safari
it had a 10" Clarion Subwoofer in it

this one http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-clarion-sw2512_p-27329.htm orsub.jpg

Great Memory there Derick2k :)

Last edited:
I used to work for a custom car audio install shop in my teen years, used to do a lot crazy car sub boxes, installs, etc...so by eyeballing that sub I was like 10" :D

If you choose a sub that meets or slightly exceeds the original's ratings, you should do fine.

I highly recommend JBL and Diamond subs. I had both types in a few cabinets and projects, and they push great bass.

While we're on this topic, I should also mention that I use and recommend Hertz speakers. I helped a friend install 4" hertz coax speakers in his Capcom Big Blue cabinet, and the difference was night and day, it truly changed his gaming experience.

The sub in mine is fine, so I haven't replaced it. I know the foam that holds the speaker cone to the rim can deteriorate, but luckily mine still looks good as new. I did add led lighting to the edges of the sub box to make it pop out more:

crazy_taxi.jpg

Back