What's new
Thanks a ton @rtw, as usual you came in with some awesome details!

So, basically beyond the I/O the games are the games... 60-70 ms sounds like a lot, I might notice that! :P

I think the lag test is can you do a fireball in Street Fighter easily if so its ok.

For a causal home player like myself its not so important.

I meant the JVS/Fast IO PCI-e Taito board but thanks it looks like 2 chips fried.

I was only using it 2 days ago & turned it on last night & had nothing apart from 2 solid lights on the daughter board on he front of the case where you connect JVS/Fast I/O I tested the PSU with pins 4&5 & it comes on so took out the PCI-E Taito board & saw the melted chips.
This just happened to me today too, wonder how that happens that those chips melt. I will have to get a jvspac and a power switch too it seems.

I think the usb ports on my tx3 died so I purchased another 1 and was able to get into the bios however the hd and dongle that I stuck in there for a gs3 keeps showing that there is no OS. When I plug it back into the original the game comes up just fine. Is there something I’m missing in the bios?

I think the usb ports on my tx3 died so I purchased another 1 and was able to get into the bios however the hd and dongle that I stuck in there for a gs3 keeps showing that there is no OS. When I plug it back into the original the game comes up just fine. Is there something I’m missing in the bios?
yes, the games are hard coded to bios versions, meaning you can’t just swap the hdd and security cart between units.

Gunslinger stratos likely needs a different bios version than what’s on that board. Compare the two versions to verify the difference.

Gotcha would I be able to flash the bios? Since the usb ports don’t seem to be working on the x3 anyway else I can check the bios?

Gotcha would I be able to flash the bios? Since the usb ports don’t seem to be working on the x3 anyway else I can check the bios?
The multi will allow you to flash the bios, but I’ve tried to downgrade one I have and it hasn’t worked for me :/

You can also use a windows utility to dump it, save it to the hard drive, move the drive over to the new machine, then flash it to the new motherboard with the same utility. The multi drive has a utility to flash the bios and provides instructions on how to flash it.

Beyond this, I can’t provide any assistance :(

So I did some fan mods on a ttx3.
Noctua 120mm for the case and an 80mm for the power supply.
Both went well but the power supply fan hasn't come on.
Can anyone confirm if the power supply fan is temperature dependent? My basement is cool and it is sitting on a desk with no airflow issues. The fan doesn't spin at boot up on the power supply.
I did turn the ttx3 on before the mod, but I do not remember checking if the power supply fan was running.

thank you,
-Dan

I made online shop 'Crown Arcade Shop' http://crownarcade.co.kr

'DB15 TO KEY' has renamed 'Neo Geo TO KEY' and TTX3 only version is released as 'Neo Geo TO TTX3'

20230602_163435.jpg

Neo Geo TO KEY has 9pin USB connector for mainboard. You can use it on Desktop PC and Taito Type X4.
https://crownarcade.co.kr/products/neo-geo-to-key-pci-type-usb-keyboard-interface

20230602_165841.jpg

Neo Geo to TTX3 has a bracket specially designed for Taito Type X3. Since TTX3 does not have 9pin USB connector on the motherboard, external USB cable helps to play it.
https://crownarcade.co.kr/products/neo-geo-to-ttx3-pci-type-usb-keyboard-interface

Both version supports 14-key simultaneous input and are optimized for ARTAX 4.1
I just bought a TTX3 407 and have the artax 4.1 image a HDD. I do not own a cabinet so my plan is to use it on my TV monitor and to connect it to an arcade stick (PS5/4).
I’ve been looking at the forum and seeing how I can connect my ps5 arcade stick to the ttx3 pc. Is this the solution? If so which software do you download from your store? Are there any other ways to simply connect your home arcade stick to the TTX3 and have it work with the Artax 4.1 image?
Thank you.

I just bought a TTX3 407 and have the artax 4.1 image a HDD. I do not own a cabinet so my plan is to use it on my TV monitor and to connect it to an arcade stick (PS5/4).
I’ve been looking at the forum and seeing how I can connect my ps5 arcade stick to the ttx3 pc. Is this the solution? If so which software do you download from your store? Are there any other ways to simply connect your home arcade stick to the TTX3 and have it work with the Artax 4.1 image?
Thank you.
Should work just change the settings to brook/ps4/xbox

Back