What's new
So I got a i5 2400 of eBay for cheap (£6 inc) & after further testing have concluded that the mobo is good & the I/O is toast although does light up I cannot get any video with it plugged in but its all good without it.

Only one usb port works though as before.

I expect to sell the mobo as working as I'm not swapping back & the I/O for parts on eBay.

Attachments

• DSC_1030.JPG
    DSC_1030.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_1031.JPG
    DSC_1031.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 79
So I got a i5 2400 of eBay for cheap (£6 inc) & after further testing have concluded that the mobo is good & the I/O is toast although does light up I cannot get any video with it plugged in but its all good without it.

Only one usb port works though as before.

I expect to sell the mobo as working as I'm not swapping back & the I/O for parts on eBay.
I think one of the problems is the I/o is not for the ttx3

It worked for nearly a year all ok but I didn't use the JVS part recently as like others I had a few issues with the multi so was just using a JVS-PAC.

I listed my slightly faulty TX3 parts on eBay just in case anyone saw them & was wondering.

My TX3 board sold I wonder if anyone here got it? it was a US buyer.

I made online shop 'Crown Arcade Shop' http://crownarcade.co.kr

'DB15 TO KEY' has renamed 'Neo Geo TO KEY' and TTX3 only version is released as 'Neo Geo TO TTX3'

20230602_163435.jpg

Neo Geo TO KEY has 9pin USB connector for mainboard. You can use it on Desktop PC and Taito Type X4.
https://crownarcade.co.kr/products/neo-geo-to-key-pci-type-usb-keyboard-interface

20230602_165841.jpg

Neo Geo to TTX3 has a bracket specially designed for Taito Type X3. Since TTX3 does not have 9pin USB connector on the motherboard, external USB cable helps to play it.
https://crownarcade.co.kr/products/neo-geo-to-ttx3-pci-type-usb-keyboard-interface

Both version supports 14-key simultaneous input and are optimized for ARTAX 4.1

Hey team, I have a TTX3 PC coming from YAJ, so in 3 months I'll dig into this system, but I have a software/emulation question:

These original games are running on PC hardware but I assume are written to the hardware so have minimal lag/processing. I assume the original games are like a program written to x86 hardware direct, not software written for some form of windows or linux to run onto of software. So am I wrong here? The reason I'm asking is because if my assumption is correct, do the TTX3 all in one image (with TTX1, 2, 3 and other games such as Deathsmile) run as emulation on top of some sort of x86 program (with introduced lag) or is this hard drive image running the games direct with no software program in-between.

I don't know if my question is super clear, but if it isn't, please let me know!

I'm just wondering if this is the same as basically running MAME or the PC version of a game, versus something that is just like the original arcade version.

Hey team, I have a TTX3 PC coming from YAJ, so in 3 months I'll dig into this system, but I have a software/emulation question:

These original games are running on PC hardware but I assume are written to the hardware so have minimal lag/processing. I assume the original games are like a program written to x86 hardware direct, not software written for some form of windows or linux to run onto of software. So am I wrong here? The reason I'm asking is because if my assumption is correct, do the TTX3 all in one image (with TTX1, 2, 3 and other games such as Deathsmile) run as emulation on top of some sort of x86 program (with introduced lag) or is this hard drive image running the games direct with no software program in-between.

I don't know if my question is super clear, but if it isn't, please let me know!

I'm just wondering if this is the same as basically running MAME or the PC version of a game, versus something that is just like the original arcade version.
These games are basically PC games that have been made to use the specific I/Os and other specific peripherals like game dongles or card readers. Some of these games were optimized to run on specific GPUs manufacturers like Nvidia or AMD. It's best to use a newer, NIVIDA GPU as a lot of these games used Nvidia cards. Most of these games also ran on modified embedded or enterprise versions of Windows or Linux OSes. The TTX systems do have extra security like locked hardware but there’s ways to bypass or unlock them and the methods are posted around here.

The games do have the ability to run natively with the original I/Os and such, even on a new OS but the multis that been made use front ends or emulators like Teknoparrot or Jconfig. Nothing wrong with those as they can give you options to use any controller or layout. As for lag, that all depends on your system specs, like a normal PC, the better the hardware, the better the games will run. :)

these games also ran on modified embedded or enterprise versions of Windows or Linux OSes.

As for lag, that all depends on your system specs, like a normal PC, the better the hardware, the better the games will run. :)
Thanks for the reply, but no matter how fast your PC, emulating the game introduces lag (may or may not be perceptible to humans). I was just basically curious if the all in one HD we all know about for TTX3 will emulate the games or play them as the original system played them. If the answer is emulate, I have no idea why I went through the trouble of buying a TTX3 system for $30 and paid $75 to ship it here... LOL

Oh well, I have that cool TTX3 logo on the metal!

Thanks for the reply, but no matter how fast your PC, emulating the game introduces lag (may or may not be perceptible to humans). I was just basically curious if the all in one HD we all know about for TTX3 will emulate the games or play them as the original system played them. If the answer is emulate, I have no idea why I went through the trouble of buying a TTX3 system for $30 and paid $75 to ship it here... LOL

Oh well, I have that cool TTX3 logo on the metal!
You have totally misread what the poster meant in their reply to you. The TTX stuff in the multi image is not being emulated - the original games ran on totally standard PC hardware components inside the Taito branded TTX units like the one you just bought. All that has been altered is that the security dongle protection has been defeated, and some other neat cracks like a BIOS reflash to enable use of other graphics cards than the ones that Taito fitted inside the TTX boxes. All the variants of the TTX hardware are just Taito branded cases with totally standard PC parts inside them. They are, in that way, not really consoles or arcade machines in the truest sense of the word. So no, playing a TTX3 game on your new TTX3 box via the multi image is no different whatsoever to playing the original Taito hard drive / dongle kit for that same TTX3 box.

You don't even need a TX to use the multi image on it will work on any pc with legacy boot.

You don't even need a TX to use the multi image on it will work on any pc with legacy boot.
You don't even need an old legacy boot PC, I'm running Artax perfectly on gen 10 / gen 11 Intel i5 Dell SFF PCs with Nvidia T600 graphics cards that don't have legacy boot - you just install the Artax drive alongside the PCs usual Windows 10 drive, and then use Eacy BCD (it's free!) to get a nice boot loader that lets you choose between booting Artax or booting the PC as normal into Windows 10

I forgot to mention that “emulators” like TP and JConfig are actually just emulating the I/Os and bypassing certain checks. These are nothing more than glorified PC games for an arcade setting :)
As for lag, it also depends on your settings and the way the multi is optimized. Since the TTX3 multi is using Windows 10, it’s best to turn on game mode/low latency, turn on high or ultimate power usage settings, and if you use Nvidia, have shaded cache turned off, PhysX turned to use CPU instead of GPU/Auto and use adaptive or High power settings for best performance possible

If you know your way around windows, you can tweak the multi to your liking until you get the desired results you’re looking for

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that “emulators” like TP and JConfig are actually just emulating the I/Os and bypassing certain checks. These are nothing more than glorified PC games for an arcade setting :)
Exactly. I find it strange that the poster would not have read up online a bit more about it before buying one if using the Multi was always their intention and they feared it was some kind of emulation and then be annoyed after the fact of buying an actual TTX rather than just any old PC?

And I say this with no disrespect to that poster but being upset about buying a $30+$75 TTX3 is pretty funny 🤣

$105 all in for an original Taito TTX box is an absolute bargain, the graphics card in it alone is worth more than that. Not to mention they also now own a very nice bit of genuine Taito hardware, cool logo on the case and everything 😎

True, it’s still very awesome to own the original hardware but it will need to be BIOS unlocked to use other hardware or gut the system and use other hardware inside but keep the original Taito card inside to use JVS/FAST I/O

You don't even need an old legacy boot PC, I'm running Artax perfectly on gen 10 / gen 11 Intel i5 Dell SFF PCs with Nvidia T600 graphics cards that don't have legacy boot - you just install the Artax drive alongside the PCs usual Windows 10 drive, and then use Eacy BCD (it's free!) to get a nice boot loader that lets you choose between booting Artax or booting the PC as normal into Windows 10
I have my cab in my workshop so dual boot not usable.

The reason I mentioned legacy bios is that you can use some real cheap old mobo's instead of the TX mobo but there a lot of people out there convinced you need oem TX hardware for the image to work.
My TX3 mobo was giving me jip so I swapped it out for a Intel board keeping back the case, cpu, heatsink, memory & gfx card + using a JVS-PAC 2 with a custom ini file for the controls which is also handy for Pi use.

Sold off the surplus parts on eBay for roughly the same as the Intel board & new PSU.

Exactly. I find it strange that the poster would not have read up online a bit more about it before buying one if using the Multi was always their intention and they feared it was some kind of emulation and then be annoyed after the fact of buying an actual TTX rather than just any old PC?

And I say this with no disrespect to that poster but being upset about buying a $30+$75 TTX3 is pretty funny 🤣

$105 all in for an original Taito TTX box is an absolute bargain, the graphics card in it alone is worth more than that. Not to mention they also now own a very nice bit of genuine Taito hardware, cool logo on the case and everything 😎
You find things strange that you don't understand, I hope you don't live in a strange world, I say that with no disrespect either...

I'm in no way annoyed or concerned. I'm just asking questions so I can understand. I have made many bad purchases while drunk, but in this case I buy a lot of stuff from Japan and decided to grab one of these because I like original hardware and wanted the game it came with (SF4). That damn shipping though, $75 is nuts!

Now that I have it (well, after months of shipping I will), I was just curious if it was worth making it into a multi and made an off hand comment. $105 may be a bargain or it might not, that's not why I posted, really I just wanted to see if it's worth doing rather than just keeping it stock and using my main PC for emulation.

You have totally misread what the poster meant in their reply to you. The TTX stuff in the multi image is not being emulated - the original games ran on totally standard PC hardware components inside the Taito branded TTX units like the one you just bought.
OK got it, I think I'm good then. My main question was, if the multi image added a layer of programing that was different from the original and it seems it does not, it merely bypasses some security checks!

It is correct that the TTX1, TTX2 and TTX3 are PC based but as for lag and accuracy your milage will vary.

TTX1 - JVS
TTX2 - JVS
Nesica - JVS and FastIO (Except for the FastIO a TTX2 is the same as Nesica)
TTX3 - JVS and FastIO

In order to obtain as little lag as possible use the IO that the system was made for.

i.e. if you are playing a Nesica/TTX3 game use the FastIO, any software layers which convert JVS to FastIO will introduce lag.

Using a FastIO to JVS emulator will introduce lag. (Playing a Nesica game with JVS)
Using a JVS to FastIO (Play a JVS game with a FastIO) introduces an extra layer (COM port communication has to be translated to DMAC but the COM port is the bottleneck)

TTX1 uses AMD and not NVIDIA but most of the TTX1 games came out on Nesica so use those.

TTX2 and TTX3 should be OK on a TTX3 but TTX2 came in many flavours...

Any game which uses a keyboard emulator i.e. JVS/FastIO to keyboard will introduce lag. This affects all games which are not native JVS/FastIO like MAME.

For example Deathsmiles 2 on a TTX2 with JVS has a lag of around 60-70 ms.

tl;dr
Use the IO that the game was made for. Stick to TTX2/Nesica and TTX3 games.

Back