What's new

shikamaru182

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Nice to meet you. I'm Carmelo and i write from Italy.

I open this post cause i'm finding some problem with mame usb on Taito Type X2, in particular with the Street Fighters Roms and Neogeo Button Settings.

All Sf games (except street fighter 2 Champion's ed and SF III: 2nd impact), doesn't works, furthermore, in these 2 games i have the following problems:

Sf Champion's ed:
1p: HK (button 6 doesn't work)
2p: MK on button 6 and button 5 Doesn't work

Sf III: 2nd impact:
1p: HK (button 6 doesn't work)
2p: MK (button 5 Doesn't work).

Talking about the Neo geo Roms, they works but the button setting are not like original (any games have their setting).

Could you please help me to solve these problems?

If you need some other information, please let me know.

Thank you in advance and have a good day.

It sounds like you simply need to remap buttons, how this is accomplished on the TX2 port is beyond me.
If you have no GUI for remapping you could look at the *.ini files for each game and copy/paste lines from working games into them.

where i can find the ini file? in each rom (zipped), there are many file but i can't find the ini.

Connect a USB Keyboard with X2 System ... start the Mame USB und the ROM .... then Press the TAB Key so you get a menu with DIP Settings an Key Mapping etc.

I'm sorry that was my mistake... Remappings are stored in *.cfg files (not *.ini).

Example: I remapped coin and start of Mortal Kombat 2 only
Capture.PNG

I wouldn't remap games this way however, just go for the keyboard method. ;)

many thanks for the support guys. I will try soon as possible and i will give you a feedback.

Talking about the games, do you know why many street Fighter games doesn t work?

do you know why many street Fighter games doesn t work?
Could you be more specific? Are you getting a message for missing files?

If so, I'd say your ROMs are likely in the "split" format and your clone/child sets are missing or incorrectly named.

i didn t receive any message. When i launch the roms, the system return back on the roms selection.
This happen just for street Fighter roms, downloaded from the same website where i download the other working roms. Obviously i download the heavy roms, not the minor release (just few kilobytes).

Hmm SF works all of Kind... Have you qsound.zip in the Rom folder? If Not, so you must download that from emu sites...

Last edited:
The author who ported MAME likely suppressed the error msg, but yea that sounds like what's going on to me.

An example of the parent set would be "sf2.zip" clocking in at 3,469KB... A child/split example would be "sf2bhh.zip" coming in at 339KB.

How can a functional game only be 340K? It's loading files from both the parent and child sets together... You see the child only has the differences, it still depends on the parent for the commons.

If Street Fighter 2 loads and plays, but a bootleg like Redwave does not... You're missing the child set.

Ok, guys. The sf problems has been resolved. Missing qsound. Added and all works (just sf III strike won't start...).

Aboud tab setting, i've tried with an usb keyboard but doesn't work. Maybe it works just with a ps/2 keyb?

try ps/2 Keyboard... Should work... For sf3 you need a cps3 bios.. But im Not sure now

Ah i remember i had the same Problem with 3rd Strike ... i has try a asia No CD version, and that will work

I've had a similar issue with the Buttons of Capcom 6 button games. Player 2 MK is doesn't work and Player 2 HK gives me MK. I've never been able to figure out how to fix them.

Also regarding the Roms

I'm using are for mame .158

I used Romcentre to verify and find out what is missing that you need to get the rom to work. It works very well.

ok, i've tried but it doesn't work.

For mame 158, i didn't find the asia no cd version of third strike, but only the japan version.

I've used this files:

sfiii3n.zip Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan 990608, NO CD)
sfiii3nr1.zip Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan 990512, NO CD)

putting cap-sf3-3.chd on roms\chd\sfiii

any ideas?

Back