What's new
P.S. If someday Taito makes an actual IPS tech screen, drop in replacement kit, for the Vewlix OMFG!... *drool*
I would jump all over that.

What the display industry needs to do is manufacture SED displays.

Really fast responses! doesn't have any lag here! Hehe
I am happy with the DIA monitor for normal 720p content. More than happy.
Buuuuut I want to play SFV and the other 1080p material in a 1080p monitor. And by the way test if can be a better solution for old resolutions than the mine.
I own crt (egret setup) for 240p... But always looking for alternatives to the already I know .

So... At the moment wait until see what can Taito offer in the future?
Any alternative monitor?
Thanks for your time

Really fast responses! doesn't have any lag here! Hehe
I am happy with the DIA monitor for normal 720p content. More than happy.
Buuuuut I want to play SFV and the other 1080p material in a 1080p monitor. And by the way test if can be a better solution for old resolutions than the mine.
I own crt (egret setup) for 240p... But always looking for alternatives to the already I know .

So... At the moment wait until see what can Taito offer in the future?
Any alternative monitor?
Thanks for your time
i am very sure that Taito will offer something in the future but will you be crazy like us and pay that kind of money?:) honestly what I would like to see from Taito, a brand new Vewlix line with a new IPS (OLED would be to much to ask) monitor for under 6k. That would be cool.

Anyone have the contact info for Taito Tech? Also, is there a product catalog or do you just tell them what you need? Thanks!

putting 1500$+ on the table for a quality Screen is not silly, putting down 1500$ for a low tech chinese Screen is ;)

The Vewlix DIA Black is comming out in a few months, lets hope they put a Quality Screen inside, even though the cab might be pretty useless due to its Motion control -.-

What we need is a kit to adapt standard (higher quality, lower price) panels to Vewlix standard cabs.

I tend to prefer NEC professional panels.

But for home use we would have better options with a good Gaming panel. We don't need industrial stremgth to play just 4 hours a day :)

well, you buy a NEC Screen you get a Samsung Panel.

a consumer grade tv would do, but Input select on the Screen would turn me off. :D

i would love to hear the different motivations to swap the original Screens in the first place.

Last edited:
i would love to hear the different motivations to swap the original Screens in the first place.
Easy, stock Vewlix monitor only has DVI and VGA input and max resolution is 1366x768.
Replacement screen has HDMI, and supports 1920x1080.

That was the original motivation, however upon installing it and seeing the results side-by-side...
The colors look more vivid, the screen is brighter (original screen was at max brightness and still looked darker than replacement at half level) and finally it contains an internal power supply.
Original monitor's psu is external and sits in the bottom of the cab... Once you ditch the screen you can ditch this as well, saves allot of room for video switch boxes etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, DVI and HDMI are the same signal, so a simple adapter will do the trick and as long as you have a Sanwa Screen it is HDCP conform, if not there is a simple 13$ hdmi splitter on amazon the will remove the hdcp.

For the colors and the contrast, i can understand that, but most vewlix screens suffer from a thick dirt layer on the inner side of the glass or on the illumination matt behind the matrix, i have posted a guide over at Arcadeotaku that will do the trick in most cases ( also stains, shadows, foggy spots etc.), so you will not end up with the same brightness , but you can definitly get alot more out of the original screens.

the PSU of the Screens is normaly not external in the Vewlix, the psu in the bottom will power the internal components , but the Monitor. (if i remember correctly)

For the Resolution, you got a point there, nice if you are using a PS4, for everything else it is not a benefit, beside Tekken 7 all HD Arcade Games will nativly run in 720p and the lower the upscale the better for the picture and delay.

i`m just not sure if higher resolution is worth the higher input lag.

putting 1500$+ on the table for a quality Screen is not silly, putting down 1500$ for a low tech chinese Screen is ;)

The Vewlix DIA Black is comming out in a few months, lets hope they put a Quality Screen inside, even though the cab might be pretty useless due to its Motion control -.-
jan- do you have a link with more info on the black Dia.. I did not know that Taito was still making Vewlix.. Thanks

i have a loq quality picture back home, but that is pretty much everything i got. taito is making a big secret out of it, they told me they are testing monitors for it at the moment , whatever that means ;)

it is supposed to be the dedicated cab for Magicians Dead.

i`m shipping a lag tester to a mate once i can borrow one. supposed to be really fast in game mode, as most of the samsung screens nowadays.

the PSU of the Screens is normaly not external in the Vewlix, the psu in the bottom will power the internal components , but the Monitor. (if i remember correctly)
Depends on the model LCD you have, the Vewlix C (version I've got) has the Sanwa... The Sanwa has the external PSU, it's rather bulky and sits right next to the JVS PSU.
Trust me on this... I removed it and sold it to SNK with the panel, he continued on to build a custom enclosure for it.

Also since I mentioned bulky... The Sanwa LCD had a larger protruding part with two (I think 120mm) fans inside it. The new LCD appears to be passive cooled only.

Resolution, you got a point there, nice if you are using a PS4, for everything else it is not a benefit
Looks pretty damn good via xRGB mini too... I've yet to try a OSSC, I've got the kit but the build is beyond my skill level.
I asked my buddy for help, he is slowly doing all the smd stuff by hand! :P

He also had to rework the mess I made first... *embarrassed face*
T1YuIwvY-ZhDQc2yAq4-6d_kPQc7O_V6nFD-b_swE2Kv0bB1yDeIwAtpJuKTi-grj-QsDHUM9KBl0D9_mtLpBrbUosDe9mTA9XvFCXtPdK0Z6fCzvGdaj7Niz_VBnAqL8upx6CMARd4oTXp0QUWoWMCFp84nUpZ9h5w3JBHYi45MTw_n5M75XunVpKwtTUlT10tqgIKwK8KxWpmisdqpRtIt33ZCK5DsHo_icLvv1XmmV3HtkCRzb6tXW3WF0utIQGeHrQky2kTTa28GbRFsY1UZWDVToY6mxBhpTZBWbM5iDMQyKwOWTNUJEpOo53HUsL6P2A2xSew0No8B03LYmNtWwlj3oBklE5QGGSupuDErXlOeu5lOkKLZm4dReoKGqVAyTtjQ8H4pbf5eZPc9pz9Xv_Yqj2hziqStNQKe6_zTqMqtTG8iBLd3Iv62vcooxZn8CfjnOzYNopOJ8FoiIWSPd_qM6Wwu4UCv1t4xa5mLvo2oGkEE-PLVKTolA-0VuMGJwrCjUufpJ63FqtZmiKqXWXG8irxDVJ-7wIaTf6oaj1nH6uhu0WPBDr3Jvgmlheo6g6C4RVA7dLyqivbNsQTBSwlWhqXjoHDNXrpW5Hktfc3DoA=w870-h158-no

Last edited by a moderator:
i have to check, cabs are in storage at the moment, well most of them ;)

i`m sure the result of the xrgb is good, but you are adding another 1-2ms delay to the allready slow panel, don`t you ?

again, that is no critic, i just find it interessting what motivates you guys to swap.

btw, the Sanwa Screen of the C is a newer revision of the Sanwa that was used in the F, and imo the second best Vewlix Screen.

Back