What's new

aj2k

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to find a solution for the gamecube memory card read/write module for my DYI F-Zero AX Mini setup.

The manual for the deluxe version of the cab lists this as :
837-14399 MEMORY CARD I/F MC BD
... which feels like it's not F-Zero specific (not a FZR-XXXX part number)

Did the Triforce have other games that supported the GC Memory Card feature?

Also, if I can't find this unit, can I DIY one from a retail gamecube at all?

Thanks for the help!

Subscribing because I just took delivery of a Triforce unit for this game lel

Maybe you could call sega's parts line?

Sega won't have these parts anymore.

It's been a while since I last cracked open a Type 3 Triforce, but I seem to remember it having normal GC memory card ports? In the F-Zero cab I think it's just an extender that reroutes that port to the control panel.

It's been a while since I last cracked open a Type 3 Triforce, but I seem to remember it having normal GC memory card ports? In the F-Zero cab I think it's just an extender that reroutes that port to the control panel.
Makes me wonder if a type 1 has headers for them.

Wow, I hope this is true! Sounds too easy though... but I do think if I compare to real GC hardware I could probably find when to connect it up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190905-154459_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905-154459_Drive.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 65
Thanks @breakingcades - I'd seen that and that's where I got the part number.. I actually have all of those parts in-hand, inc the awesome sticker, apart from the reader unit itself. If that's something I can hack out of a gamecube motherboard, that would be great!

Back