What's new

Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, hope everyone is well. I am new to TTX2 and have three questions that I have not found a clear answer to in my research. My use case will just be running stock, original TTX2 games (no multi) and no Nesica:

(1) Is there any difference between the 208A and 215A hardware in relation to running non-Nesica games?
(2) Is there any specific comparability issues running games on the 215A, which I think is Nesica focused hardware (given it has a sticker saying it is locked to one specific game title, but does not specify what it is)?
(3) Is there any advantage to using Fast IO for non-Nesica games or is the JVS IO just as good/fast for these games (particularly interested in SSF4)? Fast IO might not even work as far as I have read.

Any definitive answers or insights would be gratefully received.

Thanks

1) No
2) No; the sticker is supposedly for the game that the board originally came with, but I've been able to run multis on them just fine. The sticker may actually apply for encrypted games with dongles, but I never actually tried (or maybe I did, and I just forgot what happened).
3) @Niko probably has the most definitive answer on this; in theory, you should get lower latency, but I'm not even certain pre-FAST I/O games work with FAST I/O boards unless you're using a multi.

1.) Nope
2.) Nope, Nesica units ( identified by the shiny silver sticker ) included an iDmac and 1GB of ram apposed to 512MB.
3.) There is only 1 non-Nesica game that natively supports Fast I/O and thats the extremely rare export version of BlazBlue Continuum Shift II. WIth that said, games in theory can benefit from using Fast I/O on my multi as the game will receive simulated JVS responses faster than what the real hardware can provide.

If you're only interested in SSF4 than pretty much any X2 unit will serve you well so long as it has the Pentium 4 CPU and a 7900GS GPU.

Last edited:
Kazuo/Niko, thank you very much for your quick reply and precise answers - that is very helpful indeed. Thanks again.

Back